Tuxedo's & Gowns in Town?

bettyonboard

I see that we have covered every other angle about the dress code, but I wonder.....should I wear my formal wear in town? Maybe my BF should wear his tux on the White Pass tour, just to "kick it up" a little. I can just see it now on future threads. Just kidding everyone...just having a little fun. My TA sent me a promotional movie about Alaska, and the Summit after we booked. The video looked from the 80's, and the couple did look a little dressy for a shore excursion. My BF is not to sure about this whole dressing up thing. I assured him that jeans should be ok for the land part of our cruise tour, and on land excursions. Onboard he is warming up to it. The more I read the dress code threads, I start to second guess myself. Maybe I should get him one of those t-shirts that have a picture of a tux on it....then we are covered by land and sea!:D

Been there, done that! In 99, soon to be wife and I ( & 4 others) got off Splendour in St. Thomas in gown and tux, went to city hall and then to Magens Bay for the wedding ceremony. We did change back into street clothes before shopping and bar hopping before heading back to the ship.

Did that in Monte Carlo. We looked fantastic when going to eat at the Hotel du Paris. My friend in his tux and me in a long gown, didn't look out of place anywhere in MC. Now for Skagway, I would stay away from the long gowns and only wear your formal bib overalls.

Archived