Venice terminal to St. Mark's?

conan

We arrive in Venice on October 9. The brochure and website say we disembark at 10:00am. Can I count on a 10:00am disembarkation? How long does it take to disembark 650 people from the Nautica? Can anyone tell me where the vaporetto stop is in relation to the cruise terminal? We have only 1 hour to get to St. Mark's. Can't find info in the guidebooks nor in several maps nor on Google Earth. Perhaps one of you good folks who've been there can help.

Many thanks

The vaporetto stop is pretty close.

To take it to St. Marks just be sure you buy the ticket that goes directly to St. Marks ,20 minutes, I believe it costs about 3.5 Euro they also sell a ticket for The Grand Canal Tour, 5 Euro(that ride takes an hour and a half and ends up back where you bought the ticket:eek: ..been there done that).

Also be careful to get on the right boat as sometimes there can be 2 boats boarding at the same time. Look that the number on the boat corresponds with the number and the stops on the panel on the boat or ask before boarding as they can be going in different directions.

Does the ship dock in Venice the night before? If so you should have no problem offing by then..infact they will be throwing you off at 10:D most people off the ship at 8 -8:30 and even earlier if they have am flights.

If the ship comes into Venice in early am then it will have to be cleared by the port authority but again, there should be no problem in Venice.

Our cruise arrives in Venice on a Tuesday and supposedly we are able to disembark for touring at 10 am. We overnight on the ship and then disembark for home the next morning as you describe. It's the Tuesday touring thing that has our focus at the moment.

Thanks again for your experienced advice!

Conan - I think we actually arrive on Monday the 9th into Venice at 10am. At least that is when the Nautica arrives! Tuesday is the 10th and that is the day we officially disembark from the cruise - in which case I am guessing they want us off the boat way before 10am.:o

You're right! I misread the calendar for October. I still need to know if we can count on getting off the boat at 10 am on arrival day. I already know they're going to want us out of our cabins by 8am on disembarkation day.

Archived