Question about Caribbean Princess Triple Balcony Rooms

cbpanda

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess for July 1, 2007 Eastern Caribbean in a Caribe deck balcony room. I understand that the third bed is likely an upper bunk. Is it possible to have the lower beds in the queen configuration while the upper bunk is down? I have heard that the beds will have to stay in the twin config, and my husband is not happy with that arrangement. If anybody can help, I do appreciate it.

Thanks

I think what you have heard is correct, as the beds must be separated to allow access to all the beds when using the third person bunk. I would suggest using your husband's dipleasure with the bed arrangement to get him to agree to upgrade to a mini-suite. The minis have the queen/king bed configuration and a sitting area with a sofa bed in a slightly separate (separated by a curtain only) area. You can view the cabins at http://www.princess.com

I think what you have heard is correct, as the beds must be separated to allow access to all the beds when using the third person bunk. I would suggest using your husband's dipleasure with the bed arrangement to get him to agree to upgrade to a mini-suite. The minis have the queen/king bed configuration and a sitting area with a sofa bed in a slightly separate (separated by a curtain only) area. You can view the cabins at www.princess.com

I agree. The extra room in the mini is very nice when you have 3 people, and you have a sofa bed instead of the bunk coming out of the ceiling. The sofa also makes for a nicer sitting area. The price differential between a balcony and a mini on the Caribbean Princess is usually pretty reasonable. The mini also has a tub, which the balcony doesn't.

Thank you for your replies. The problem is we are travelling with extended family and the effort to get everybody on the same deck at an affordable price has put us in balcony rooms. My husband would prefer the upgrade:D, but I would prefer to stay close to family.

Archived