Back from 6/27 Voyager to Canada

Time clocks, does the ship keep NYC time even when in different time zones in Canada??? Rep I spoke to a while back assured me that the ship changes their time to the port of call, what was your experience. We leave on July 11 for the 5 day Canada cruise. Thanks, diane

Here's a question from my Mother-in-law for anyone who can answer it....

Can you use a Discover Card in St. John and Halifax? She's trying to plan on how much cash to bring on the Canada cruise and if they don't accept Discover she will need more cash. :eek:

Thank you!

Diane,

We were told to keep to ships time......aka NJ time.

Canada is one hour ahead......but we never changed our watches.

I think the main concern is they wanted to be sure we kept ships time to not get confused re-boarding the ship (though, if anything I guess we would have just been early, so not sure of the problem there)

We had a tour scheduled for 12:45, and while looking at OUR watches, we thought we had plenty of time, but upon killing some time at port, I happend to look at a Canadian clock and see it was 12:30 at that time, not 11:30 like we thought. So we rushed to our tour location, making it just in time! LOL

Bonnie, sorry, dont know about Discover, but most places took Visa, and in fact I think preferred it. Interestingly, at the rum cake factory, our Visa receipt printed out in French, and the clerk was surprised, as usually only the French cards trigger a French receipt, not the American cards.

Archived