NYC Pier checkin question

nitnee

We booked last minute, so we didnt get luggage tags.... we are driving and parking at NYC pier. Can we drop off bags prior to parking if we dont already have our tags and cabin number on them? Thanks in advance!

We booked last minute, so we didnt get luggage tags.... we are driving and parking at NYC pier. Can we drop off bags prior to parking if we dont already have our tags and cabin number on them? Thanks in advance!

Sure, but you might have people yelling at you while filling out the tags to move your car.

My ritual, whether tagged or not, is to drop off luggage, DW and DD, she attends the porters, while I attend the car.

Then we meet up, and she is usually already on line.

My DH dropped the luggage and me off in front of the terminal, he went a parked the car ( it is on the upper level) I parked myself on a bench and then when he came down from the parking we both went into the terminal and that is when they took the luggage, not outside. This was 3 years ago so I don't know if they do something different now, but when we arrived at 10:30 the place was a little chaotic as many of the passengers were still getting off the ship.

Sue

Hi, I remember we had a guarantee, and so were not informed yet of our room # but the porter had the manifest, we were issued generic tags that said TBA for our room. However. Isnt there some way to find out your room before hand, like the day before?

It wasnt a problem, we really only needed to put our room number on the proper tag before handing them over to the porter.

Triumph 7/2002

Legend 7/2003

Conquest 6/2004

Victory 8/2006

I took a Celebrity cruise from this port and will be sailing again from here in Aug. Leaving one person with the luggage and the other parking the car is a great idea. In fact, that's what we plan on doing. This way your luggage isn't unattended and you don't become a "security risk."

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Fantasy 8/1996

Sensation 8/1997

Imagination 2/2000

Regal Empress 8/1998

Celebrity Horizon 8/1999

Archived