Workout clothes

Wear your work out clothes into the shower, lather, rinse and remove. (Then wash yourself.) Hang them to dry when you get out.

I do this when getting back from a day at the beach...keeps the bathing suit clean and ready to wear the next day.

THAT'S GROSS, CAN'T IMAGINE DOING THAT

For a two week cruise, we hand washed nylon/polyester shorts and T-shirts in the sink and sent socks and underwear out to the laundry. The lightweight, moisture wicking workout gear dries quickly.

My DH has been happy with Duo Dry shorts and T-shirts by Champion. Target carries them.

Sometimes we work out more than once a day.

We have a couple of travel clotheslines. They are stretchy and sort of like bungee cords, but they are braided so that you can pull the braid apart anywhere along the line and stick in a corner of a piece of clothing for hanging.

I like to read while I use the treadmill, and the clothesline worked great to hold the book in place on the treadmill!

We've been on 4 cruises and only gained weight on the 1st one. I think it was partly the novelty of eating so well any time you wanted, and maybe the ice cream every afternoon. We also didn't work out on that cruise.

My wife and I have been working hard getting in shape over the past nine months. We didn't take advantage of the fitness facilities, on our first cruise, but we definitely want to spent time there on our next cruise. Is it possible to not gain weight on a cruise? haha My questions is... does any have any suggestions on dealing with sweaty work-out clothes?

thanks,

Majesty of the Sea 01/1999

Navigator of the Sea 01/2007

DH runs every day, either in port or on the treadmills, and he brings old stuff and throws it out. The tops and socks go after one use, and the shorts last a couple of uses. Toward the end, he's running in his swim trunks, which he doesn't throw out, but they're easy to rinse out and dry.

Viv

• 2 weeks later...

Along with all the great tips here, I would suggest taking along an inexpensive pedometer. We were on the Norwegian Sun for a 4 day repo in September, and didn't set foot on a single Sun elevator over the entire cruise! We averaged walking 6.72 miles per day, most of which was trekking the stairs between our cabin on Deck 4 and the Buffet on Deck 11 several times daily. (See how that works out? ;) ) We even schlepped our bags up the steps for Express Checkout on Thursday!

Archived