Carnival Air

ronnarel

Has anyone ever booked air with Carnival and have a much cheaper offer come up? Can you not change your mind and book it separately?. The air to San Juan with Carnival from Okla City is over $600. I just came across one for$425. Any thoughts on this?

I always price it out both ways and so far, for me, its always been less expensive for me to book my own air. I also like it as I control when I fly and how many stops and the length of any layover. I do suggest that you fly in the day before your cruise. That way if anything happens, such as bad weather, a missed connection, etc., you've given yourself a time buffer.

If you are not within final payment you should be able to cancel and get your own flights. I saved almsot $500. for both of us by booking my own flight into san Juan instead of booking the cruiselines.

If you final payment came and went-- you are stuck with that airfare.

If you are not within final payment you should be able to cancel and get your own flights. I saved almsot $500. for both of us by booking my own flight into san Juan instead of booking the cruiselines.

If you final payment came and went-- you are stuck with that airfare.

Serene is right on with your final payment timing. Flight costs are fluctuating wildly right now, just saved $360 for two of us to FLL, but I was biting my nails waiting for that price, Priceline would not even come close, but SW had a sale on Tuesday...

Serene is right on with your final payment timing. Flight costs are fluctuating wildly right now, just saved $360 for two of us to FLL, but I was biting my nails waiting for that price, Priceline would not even come close, but SW had a sale on Tuesday...

Nick -- when is your cruise out of FLL?? I am worried that if i dont find a cheap air fare I will have to cancel my cruise. Flights are running about 500pp

Nick -- when is your cruise out of FLL?? I am worried that if i dont find a cheap air fare I will have to cancel my cruise. Flights are running about 500pp

Nick ;) :confused:

I - against my will - added an Imagination 5 day for 9/11, as you know - not what I wanted to do, but my best friend begged me to come with and well, I could not say no!

We are cruising out of Miami, but could not find cheap flights there. FLL from here was running around $400 pp, but I subscribe to Southwests e-mail service and they have a weekly sale and we were able to get ABQ - FLL for $216 pp.

It was terrible, the flight was going to cost more than the cruise!!! Final payment was today and I was going to cancel as well, not worth it! But we squeaked it out!

You can cancel your air - the cruise line will charge you $100 for the cancellation of you flights - but you are saving more booking your own air - remember that their air covers your transportation to and from the airport as well.

ok.. here are some simple pros and cons to booking air with CCL a sopposed to on your own:

PROS:

- CCL includes transfers complimenary and your name is automatically in their database and they are expecting you

- You are covered in terms of flight delays, weather, etc. regardless of insurance (in most cases) by booking air through CCL. In other words, CCL is responsible for getting you on your cruise, one way or another.

CONS:

- In most cases but not all, air on your own will be cheaper even when figuring in the cost of transfers. Sometimes by a little, sometimes by rediculous amounts.

- Booking air through CCL, you are at their mercy for flight times, layovers, airlines, etc. You can request specifics but CCL charges you a $75 "air deviation" fee, plus any additional costs incurred for acommodating your request(s)

Bottom line: do you homework. There are times air outside of carnival saves hundreds of dollars per person, and other times that CCLs air is actually more economical, and worth it for piece of mind, especially if you are coming from a part of the country where inclement weather is a good possibility.

This is our first time booking our own air. We have used Carnival in the past and end up getting on the ship 15 minutes before sailing....always layovers and have had delays. The air we booked this time is about $100 per person.

We did decide to fly in a day early this time.

ok.. here are some simple pros and cons to booking air with CCL a sopposed to on your own:

PROS:

- You are covered in terms of flight delays, weather, etc. regardless of insurance (in most cases) by booking air through CCL. In other words, CCL is responsible for getting you on your cruise, one way or another.

Bottom line: do you homework. There are times air outside of carnival saves hundreds of dollars per person, and other times that CCLs air is actually more economical, and worth it for piece of mind, especially if you are coming from a part of the country where inclement weather is a good possibility.

While this is generaly assumed by many, and it is true that the ship will wait a reasonable time period for delayed passengers using Carnival air, it is in no way the responsibility of the line. If you miss the ship they will work with you but they guarantee you nothing. Read paragraph 13A of the ticket contract.

Carnival, in arranging for the services called for by the physician or nurse, all on board concessions, all shore excursion/tour tickets, all pre and post cruise airline flights or other transportation off of the ship and its tenders, does so only as a convenience for the Guest and Guests are free to use or not use these services. Guest agrees that Carnival assumes no responsibility, does not guarantee performance and in no event shall be liable for any negligent or intentional acts or omissions, loss, damage, injury or delay to Guest and/or Guest’s baggage, property or effects in connection with said services.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

Guest YesitDonna

We always do our own airfare and fly down the day before. Only once, with my ex who was a pain anyway lol, did I almost use Carnivals air it was soooooooo much more money! Not only that but I have alwats heard that people get on the ship very late in the afternoon when I have already had a few foo foo drinks before they even get there LOL :D

Archived