Getting to the Tampa port - Did they change te time and put more restrictions on it?

rvfanatic

In the past, I have been accustomed to getting to the port very early and kind of camping out at the terminal until they let us on. I just received the cruise documents and read online that you need to arrive no less than 30 minutes before boarding time or you might face having to wait outside due to heightened border control and post 9/11 issues. Is this correct?

Whenever we've cruised out of Tampa we get there between 11:00 - 11:30 and have never had a problem. I've found the line tends to be a bit shorter at that time. We have had to wait once as the cruise before us was just debarking when we got there. They got in late due to fog in the channel.

We were on the Miracle 2 weeks ago. We arrived at 11:30, checked right in, and sat in the comfortable a/c building until they started boarding (about 11:45.) We were eating on the Lido deck by 12:10.

We've never had such a quick and stress-free embarkation or debarkation at any other port!

they are telling you that you must be onboard 30 minutes prior to sailing or wont be processed. thats the way it always is.

you can arrive anytime from 11am til 3:30 for a 4pm cruise

Documents will also tell you not to arrive at the pier before 1pm too

I just became concerned after I went through the FunPass online process and it told me not to be there more than 30 minutes before 1:30 otherwise I might be subject to waiting outside as embarkation passengers would not be allowed in the terminal per government restrictions until after 1:30. Not sure if this statement was all hype or whether they changed the process on me.

I remember sailing on the Ectasy about 4 years ago and was surprised when they changed the boarding process and found myself in a longer line then expected.

Archived