New Kayak commercial-a real slam to Alaska

greatam

After seeing the new Kayak (travel agency) commercial this morning, I will no longer use Kayak.

To paraphrase:

"See Alaska nature's way BEFORE the big oil companies do".

In this time of high oil prices and Mideast strife, with the potential for oil to hit $100.00 per barrel prices and gas to rise above $4.00 per gallon, I truly believe that we need to explore ALL possibilities to be energy more independent.

As someone who has actually been to Prudhou twice and ANWR once, believe me, there is nothing there which most people from the lower 48 would associate with "Alaska's beauty" and the oil companies are VERY environmentally responsible. They only do MAJOR work in the middle of winter (October-March) so as to leave no vehicle or human traces. And the caribou herd has increased from 7,000 in 1974 to 28,000 today. The caribou LOVE laying under those warm pipes.

Sorry for the rant, but the commercial was really inappropriate for a company that sells flights and other travel that is VERY much affected by the high oil prices.

You know, I'm glad you mentioned this... I've been waiting to see the commercial. Yesterday my 17 year old son came up to me while I was at the computer and said 'Mom, don't go to K****.com'. I told him I had already used it for searches in the past and was linked to United from there for the last flight my 18 year old son took (meeting us in Vancouver this year). He said there was a very tacky commmercial he'd just seen, and not a good idea to use K**** for a search again. I wasn't sure of specifics, he mentioned something about Cheney and said just said wait and see it. Must be very blantant for my 17 year old to pick up on it! (I must have taught him well, haha.:) )

Archived