Special needs daughter

slhh

Hi CurtS, thanks for the input. At the time of the Disney cruise we didn't have an exact diagnosis but we new something fishy was going on. I too wondered why Disney didn't do more, maybe they had too many kids to handle... at the time I didn't know what options were available so we just kept picking him up - we were asked once or twice to remove him because of aggression which we could understand. I think as far as shore excursions you are smart to suggest walking tours and swimming - something not too demanding, just relaxing.

Julie

Hi Julie: We had a fear that we would get a page telling us to pick up one of our children (all but one came through foster care and three suffer from a lot of emotional problems), especially our AS son. They did have one incident that they mentioned when we came to pick him up but, surprisingly, he was allowed to return (we had heard that they can bar a child for up to 24 hours). However, we did go during an off-season, the ship was not fully booked and I would guess that I never saw more than 15-20 kids in the club at any one time along with 5-6 counselors, so we may have lucked out on the ratio.

Curt

Slhh

Wish you were going with us at Christmas….I have a DD 14 year (“normal”) but has been exposed to kids with challenges (mainly DS) most of her life, because of our friends. She is currently playing in a softball league for people with all types of challenges. She is having a lot of fun.

(Please ignore any spelling errors that is my challenge)

• 2 weeks later...

My goodness, we are going at Christmas, unfortunately, different ship. We will be on VOS for the the week of Christmas.

After reading so many replies, I am feeling much better about things. She is a little shy at first, then turns very social. We are all looking forward to the week!

Archived