Questions about the stateroom and fountain card

chefmikki

I keep reading on here about bringing your own soda or ordering sandwiches from room service and keeping for the next day. Is there a mini fridge in your room?

Also with the purchace of the fountain card besides soda what else is included??

Still counting down...

Sept. 30 on the Glory

I keep reading on here about bringing your own soda or ordering sandwiches from room service and keeping for the next day. Is there a mini fridge in your room?

Also with the purchace of the fountain card besides soda what else is included??

Still counting down...

Sept. 30 on the Glory

It's only soda that is on the fountain fun cards; however you can get a mixed softdrink, such as a shirley temple or a cherry coke.

Forgot to ask: what type of room are you in?

Someone said something about juices and frozen non-alcoholic juice mixes? Thanks again.

Juices (apple, orange, lemonade, iced tea) are all included in the ticket. By frozen non-alcoholic juice mixes do you mean a dacquiri? If so, those cost extra (around $4)

Someone said something about juices and frozen non-alcoholic juice mixes? Thanks again.

Juice from the beverage stations is free, along with tea, and water and coffee (specialty coffee shop expect to pay about $4)

Soda card is for soda only

Virgin drinks cost as much as the regular mixed drinks

I take my own soda on board as hubby and I are Pepsi product consumers. Coke products are the only thing served on the ship. We bring about 10 cans each and about ten bottles of water.

Happy sailing!

Still counting down...

Sept. 30 on the Glory

We had an inside cabin on the Glory and it did have a mini fridge. As for the soda you get with the cards its about a 6 or 8oz cup. If you pruchase soda without the card you get a can. As for virgin drinks they ran about $1.00 less then with alcohol.

You asked about sandwiches. I have no idea why anyone would order sandwiches to have the next day. Why not order them FRESH the next day?

Now, it's possible that what you read was about folks ordering them to take off the ship in ports. NOT allowed. Foreign governments are very strict about what can be brought into their country/island. ONLY pre-packaged food can be brought ashore...like boxed cereals, crackers, etc.

I don't know if Carnival does this or not...it may be standard on all cruise lines. We cruised with Holland America last year and a soda card did NOT include sodas that were ordered through room service. Those sodas came in cans and there was an additional charge for them.

Is this the way it works for most lines? I hope to sail Carnival this year for the first time, so hopefully I'll get to learn how they operate:D:D:D

I don't know if Carnival does this or not...it may be standard on all cruise lines. We cruised with Holland America last year and a soda card did NOT include sodas that were ordered through room service. Those sodas came in cans and there was an additional charge for them.

Is this the way it works for most lines? I hope to sail Carnival this year for the first time, so hopefully I'll get to learn how they operate:D:D:D

I remember I tried to order a pop with room service, and they couldn't do it with my fountain fun card.

very true-- cant use the soda card for room service.

cans of soda are now 1.70 plus 15%

you can carry on your own soda, wine and champagne.

I too would like to know why you would order a sandwich the night before for the next day?

Yes, cabins do have refrigerators but they really are mini coolers. not cold at all. your best bet--take a small cooler-- one that holds 12 cans and keep your stuff in there on ice.

ice tea, lemonade, fruitpunch are available on the lido deck.

ice tea is available through room service as is milk and choc milk.

Juices available from room service- apple , orange grapefruit and tomato.

apple and orange juice is avaiable at the buffet in the morning only.

Here is the room service menu- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=290

Archived