Aloha or Riveria Balcony on CP?? Help, please...

comfortcove

Must decide today, have cabins on hold with TA. This is our first Princess cruise. I have researched intensively, and feel we would like a private balcony, but realize sacrificing size for privacy. Riveria Balcony is side aft, Aloha is mid starboard, also B756 is available (larger balcony, but by dreaded AC vent). I am leaning towards Aloha mid, as I wonder if Riveria might be a bit noisy under cafe area during the day. Is there any difference in cabin size? Which would you choose? How big are the BC cabins anyway? It is unclear to me because I don't know size of balconies. I am thinking they are similar to Millenium/Constellation balcony cabins. Thanks all for any input, need it Today. Happy Cruising! Comfortcove

Must decide today, have cabins on hold with TA. This is our first Princess cruise. I have researched intensively, and feel we would like a private balcony, but realize sacrificing size for privacy. Riveria Balcony is side aft, Aloha is mid starboard, also B756 is available (larger balcony, but by dreaded AC vent). I am leaning towards Aloha mid, as I wonder if Riveria might be a bit noisy under cafe area during the day. Is there any difference in cabin size? Which would you choose? How big are the BC cabins anyway? It is unclear to me because I don't know size of balconies. I am thinking they are similar to Millenium/Constellation balcony cabins. Thanks all for any input, need it Today. Happy Cruising! Comfortcove

The Riviera deck has only forward cabins on Sea Princess.They are in front of the pool and under the Horizon Court.

We had the same problem in deciding our first BAlcony room and 1st with Princess. After much discussion and TA actually contacting Princess Rep, we decided on the Aloha deck Room 505 which is mid-ship. This will be our 3rd cruise and we have learned that if you get a room mid-ship there is a lot less motion. We chose the Aloha deck because the balconies here are between two other roomed decks and the balcony on Aloha is completely covered and very private. Most other decks are only partially covered or not covered at all. We plan on sitting there a lot during the day and did not want to burn up from the sun bearing down on us, plus we would rather have a smaller balcony with the privacy than a larger one without. After all, there are only two of us. As long as there is room for 2 chairs and a table, that's all we felt we needed. Another perk with the Aloha deck, you are just 2 decks down from the Lido where all food, and some pools are. You can just walk up 2 flights and you are there.

Happy cruising

Thanks for the help. I just booked 607 Aloha. We really would not like a non-private balcony, and I like this location for the reasons you mentioned Hughbud. We have taken a number of cruises, but this will be our first on Princess. Can't wait, I'll be on these boards alot until then. Hope your cruise is great! PS...I told TA no to potential upgrades, might end up in a mini with totally exposed balcony, or plain bad location. Feel the Caribbean Princess has some less desireable cabins, more so than some smaller ships.

Archived