Carnival.com Sailaway Gifts: The Good? The Bad? The Cheezy?

Leo Jay

Good to hear all the postive feedback, particularly about the quality of the flowers and how long they last. I'll probably just stick with some sort of floral arrangement since, as has been said, food is plentiful onboard anyway.

Thanks, all. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm resurrecting this thread because I just remembered that it's possible to order sailaway gifts from outside services as an alternative to ordering from carnival.com. Can anyone offer any pros or cons to using an outside service as opposed to Carnival, and does anyone have recommendations of businesses servicing the Port of New York?

Sailaway day was our 19th wedding anniversary, so I surprised my husband by having the cabin decorated with the Happy Anniversary package (large banner above the bed, table decoration, hanging decoration from the ceiling and 2 Carnival keyrings). When we got to our cabin, it was already done and was my husband ever surprised. It was nicely done and it lasted all week long.

Another "gift" we received was the chocolate dipped strawberries. Oh my gosh, were they cute and delicious too.

Definitely would recommend both of these for anyone celebrating an anniversary. The strawberries are perfect no matter what the occasion.

My DH had a dozen yellow roses and a bottle of champagne waiting for me in the cabin. The champagne was chilled and ready and the roses were beautiful and top quality (which kinda surprised me). They fully opened by the last day of the cruise and made our stateroom smell wonderful.

I just now ordered $75 Dollars worth of Fun Ship Dollars on the Carnival Website. I am going to do this each pay day til we sail!!!! That way, we will not have to worry so much about cash and money to buy things.We are still carrying cash with us though.

I did this for $25.00 each pay which was every other week- I am cruising in 3 weeks and have almost $700.00

it takes about 10 days to receive each funship gift certificate but its like Christmas each week-- one week I buy them and the next week they come..

Choc covered strawberries are cheaper when purchasing them at the specialty cafe-- 5 of them for 3 bucks

serene56 - That is awesome!!! I am so excited about this!!!!

I did this for $25.00 each pay which was every other week- I am cruising in 3 weeks and have almost $700.00

it takes about 10 days to receive each funship gift certificate but its like Christmas each week-- one week I buy them and the next week they come..

Our next cruise is with Princess and they dont have such a thing- now what am i gonna do. I am not a saver at all so buying those certificates is what saves me..lol

Then we have the Elation for August 2007 so I guess i have to buy for them. Be careful when purchasing these--- they do have an expiration date.

If any monies are left over by the end of the week-- you get a check under your door which you can cash for free at the pursers desk on sunday morning

We usually order the deluxe wine, fruit & cheese basket. It's nice to have a little something to snack on when you're having a cocktail in the room. In addition to the fresh fruit, you get smokehouse almonds, Rondele' cheese spread, packets of crackers, dried fruit, etc... None of which are available at the buffet or in the gift shop. And we take the wine with us to dinner (the same wine off the dining room menu was almost as expensive as the entire basket). Well worth the money in my opinion. We also got in the habit of ordering a chocolate funship for each person in our group. They're delicious and worth the expense just to see the looks on their faces.

Archived