Hotel Within Walking Distance of Ship in Cabo

prideofpride

Hi...After you get off the tender, is there any resort/pool/beach that can be gotten to on foot relatively easy? We've done the water taxis and for various reasons REALLY do not want to do that again. Thank you if you can help with this!! Or if there is a cab to somewhere wonderful that wouldn't cost a fortune, that could be an option.

Really, can you post details (on how far the walk is)? Is there an entry fee, and if so how much? What would a reasonable price for a cab ride for 2 be? I really hate water taxis, and have the scars to prove it! Chunky chicks having to get out of a moving boat and up a cement wall, after having a few drinks is not my idea of fun. Been there done that.

Is this better than where the Office, Mango Deck etc. is?

Thanks for any replys.

Elevator takes you to vista which is from whalers bar and restaurant...

To get to hotel you can take cab from pier for a few bucks...

It is walkable..sloping not straight up but if it is hot hot hot then take cab and use elevators to get around....then take cab to next stop if you want shopping etc.

QUOTE=shawilson]Thanks Ralph!

I assume from the vistas that the walk would be straight uphill? Any other tips you would like to share?

I'm sorry, but I have not actually been to the resort. I saw it from the sea. Also from Lovers Beach, which is on the protected side, I walked over to Divorce (or Widows) Beach, which is ocean side, and along the same stretch of beach that the resort is on. I was very impressed by the awesomeness of the ocean as it pounded the beach, and the sand was very nice. A great, uncrowded place to layout, but the currents are very strong there with a bad riptide, so it would be foolish to swim there.

This link, http://www.aventurasazul.com/contact_us.htm#map1, has an aerial view which helped me very much to visualize where we would dock and where we wanted to go. You'll see that Finisterra (K) is very close to where the tenders dock (I). However, if you want to go to a beach where you can swim, you could catch a land taxi to any of the resorts along Medano beach, and I'm sure it would hardly cost any more (what's a few dollars?). It just depends on what you're looking for.

Medano is the main public beach (between H and M, and further south). As you can see, it's also close to where the tenders dock, but a healthy walk around the pier to get there. At an average pace, you could probably do it in 30 - 45 minutes, if you didn't stop at the many shops on the way. Or a land taxi could get you pretty close.

For reference, Lovers Beach is off the map to the left side (past F) at Lands End.

Vista Cruiser, many thanks for the map! We were there last year on a Carnival Cruise, so I understand now where we were (I actually had to ask the kid, I confess). We hadn't planned any excursions, so at the last minute, we took a Carnival one.

Thanks for your help!

Archived