Vista Deck Aft Cabins Vs. Balcony Cabins On Constellation

poolwife

Are Vista Deck Aft cabins REALLY worth the financial difference compared to vista deck balcony cabins on the Constellation or really any ship?

I noticed you can pick up an occasional aft cabin but they are so much more expensive than a regular balcony cabin.

Please comment on the pros and cons of this. Everyone seems to love them. Thank you!

Most of the aft cabins are CC (Concierge Class) cabins. All the CC cabins are the same price on the ship regardless of location as they are one class. These include some amenities not included in other balcony cabins as explained on the Celebrity web site. The price difference varies considerably on different cruises based on the price of the cruise and demand.

The aft cabins are considered by many, including myself, as attractive as they have huge balcony's - I'm guessing 15 or 20 feel long and the width of the room. They also have great views. A trade-off is that there is more motion at the aft of the ship than mid ship - if seas are rough you'll feel it more in these rooms. Some people hate this while others couldn't care less.

There are also a few Family View (FV) cabins on the aft of these ships. These are oversized rooms with a partial partion between the front and back haf of the room. They are very large and can accomodate more people through the use of fold out beds in the extra space so they are attractive to families and people who like more room. These do not have the same amenities as the CC rooms, but do cost a bit more than any other non-suite balcony due to the large size. The aft FV rooms do have the same large, or larger, balcony that the aft CC rooms have.

Whether it is worth the price difference will depend on each cruiser's personal financial position, the relative cost difference on a particilar sailing, and how much you value certain room features. I know cruisers who wouldn't dream of having anything less than a suite, and others that always book an inside cabin. So it is a personal choice.

Archived