Help!!! Need Ideas for Invitation

Hi All -

I am about at that stage of planning when I need to order my invitations (wedding in November 2006) but I have 2 questions that need to be answered before I do. Any advice/opnions you all can give is appreciated!

1) I am doing a "message in a bottle" invitation & have all the supplies to complete the project except the invite itself.

Does anyone know any good companies out there who can make the type of scroll invitation I would need to fit inside the bottle???

I was thinking of making my own if necessary but it would be great if I could just hire someone who can do this for me since my career takes up almost all of my spare time and I fear I won't have the time to get this done all by myself - also....I am not a great computer person.

2) I'm getting married on RCCL Radiance of the Seas in Ft. Lauderdale on the day we set sail. Since Royal Romance won't confirm a wedding time or location on the ship until a few weeks before the wedding, I do not know what to put on the invitation as to place & time. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Kitty

Hi there!

I am also getting married in Nov. and just finished my Message in a Bottle invitations. I know that you said you don't really want to do your scrolls yourself but in a case you change your mind...I printed the invitations myself using kits from Office Depot. I am also NOT a computer person but it was super easy. You just go to the website on the kit's box and type in the product number. Then you download the template that pops up and type in your info and print. I also found some really cute wording for my response cards if your'e interested. Email me at steveandbrooke1111@msn.com if you want the wording for either the invitation or the response card. (I also printed a second card for guests to write their legal names and birthdates on them)

As far as a time and place on the invitation--I just put Carnival Glory for the place and 10:30 for the time because that's when guests have to be at the dock. I figured I'll worry about specifics later. I can spread the news through word of mouth as soon as I know. I also plan to send out a newsletter right before we sail so I might put the time/location there. Sorry this is long but I hope it helps :)

Hi All -

1) I am doing a "message in a bottle" invitation & have all the supplies to complete the project except the invite itself.

Does anyone know any good companies out there who can make the type of scroll invitation I would need to fit inside the bottle???

I was thinking of making my own if necessary but it would be great if I could just hire someone who can do this for me since my career takes up almost all of my spare time and I fear I won't have the time to get this done all by myself - also....I am not a great computer person.

Kitty

Kitty, Try searching for Thank You scrolls and ask to have them custom printed. These are usually on a parchment-type paper and major printers can do this easily for a very reasonable cost.

If you can't find anything, post your request here and I'll help you. Also let me know the size of the bottles you already have as this will make a difference.

Archived