New way of checking out Hawaii.

Lydia B.

Some of you may have already checked this out, but I had not and found it a lot of fun and very interesting. If you type in http://www.googleearth.com you will come to a website provided by Google where you can download software that allows you to see the entire earth via satelitte. You can type in various address's and the program will virturally fly you there. I live in Ohio put in my home address and then put in Pearl City Hawaii...it flew me over the US and then down to Pearl City amazing. You can then type in saw the USS Arizonia, etc. I did see a cruise ship yesterday thought maybe it was the Pride of Hawaii NCL, but you can only basically see the top of the ship. I also found or pre stay hotel and it was a good 3-D rendition. You can add roads so you can see the Road to Hana for instance. The new Beta version is more 3-D than the previous. There is no charge for this program and it downloads in about 3 minutes and is very easy to navigate. I tried to see if I could find any flowing lava, but could not. But bottom line you can see Hawaii (or your own home for that matter) in a whole new way. Just wanted to share, have fun. Lydia of Ohio

I've been playing around with Google Earth since Google bought the original company. It's really neat software! I, too, have been looking at Hawaii with it and have seen some of the waterfalls which I plan to visit. Be sure to turn on some of the markers for roads, national parks, restaurants and also gas stations. The newest beta is running a little bit buggy so I'd stick to the most recent stable release. The images are pretty much the same anyways. :)

Archived