Mariner of the Seas 7/9/06 sailing

Glad you had a good time.

We LOVED the Mariner! In fact, I almost had to twist my husband's arm to get him to go on the cruise but he ended up enjoying it so much that he STILL talks about it. He even put one of our "sunsets over the ocean from our balcony" picture on his computer as the wallpaper.

Sorry you missed Captain Johnny. (although....I'm thinking his name is spelled differently than that)....he was awesome! I would LOVE to sail on another cruise with him.

GOOD MORNING, GOOD Morning, Good Morning!!!!!!!!

LOVED HIM!!!!!!!!!! :p

KL, those passengers carrying their luggage off themselves began leaving at about 7:30am. The first color tags began about 8:15. We were the 3rd color of the first group and we got off at about 9:00. We had reservations with Art's shuttle service and they were waiting for us. It took about 50 minutes to get to the airport in Orlando, our flight was at 1:30.

Thank you for you nice review.

Could you please tell me what time you were able to get off the ship in St. Thomas. I am trying to figure out if I have time to go to St. John. Thank you for your reply.

Thanks for the review. We are sailing on the Mariner in April. I was wondering what time you got off the ship. We are trying to figure out what time to book our flight home. Thanks.

We were about the 8th color group, got off the ship around 9 AM, checked-in at the Orlando airport at 10:30 and got an earlier flight out at 11:15 AM. I would not plan such an early flight but we got lucky! We were on a RCI provided transfer bus.

Thank you for you nice review.

Could you please tell me what time you were able to get off the ship in St. Thomas. I am trying to figure out if I have time to go to St. John. Thank you for your reply.

Priority was given to people with morning excursions to get through immigration on the ship. We got off around 9:30 - 10 AM did some shopping and then went on an excursion to St. John around 1:30. Since the ship did not leave until about 7 PM, there was plenty of time to get to St. John and back.

We are thinking of booking our entire family on the Mariner, just curious, did the Mariner have karoke and what types of music was sung/played at karoke, did you find more country music or all types of music? Thank you.

Mariner had karioke with the very good house band playing the music which varied from rock to country to easy listening.... and they have "Karioke Idol" where you have the opportunity to "compete" during the week to be in the grand finale competition.

Have fun!

Karoke Idol that is neat!! I must get my husband on it we are a family going together a group on July 1, 2007 wonder if the band will allow my husband, his brother, cousin play the instruments they all can play and a few others as well. lol I was just worried it was mostly country oldies songs, we went out of Port Canaveral last year and didn't care for the music in karoke but hearing they play everything that is great.

We'll be sailing on the Mariner in September and I recently saw a cruiser's video of this cruise. The evening entertainment and ice show looks exceptional! The video also previewed a show that feature guys in their boxers or briefs. Do you know if this event was part of the main entertainment show, late show or side show in one of the lounges. Not sure I want to accidently end up in that show with my children. Looks rather silly but would appreciate feedback if anyone attended this show.

Thanks!

Family Cruise on the Mariner of the Seas, September 17, 2006

The video also previewed a show that feature guys in their boxers or briefs. Do you know if this event was part of the main entertainment show, late show or side show in one of the lounges. Not sure I want to accidently end up in that show with my children. Looks rather silly but would appreciate feedback if anyone attended this show.

Hmmmmm, I do believe I know the show you are inquiring about, as will many others. However, in the spirit of good fun, there is an honor code not to spill the beans.

That said, it will be in the Compass as an adult only event called "The Quest". When we have sailed on the Mariner in the past, it was held in Studio B. I think it takes place around 10:30pm. If you can, find something else for the kids to do for an hour or so (or get a sitter?) and join in for some silly fun.

PS. We expect to be booking the 9/17 sailing ourselves tomorrow, if so, we'll see you there!

I just noticed that a couple of you will be sailing on Sept 17th on the Mariner. We will be on that sailing as well. This will be our first cruise and we are excited! If you haven't already, come and visit the Sept 17th Roll Call forum!

Juardis, you will have a blast with your family on these excursions! I especially loved the Zip line!! You may not bring a camera. They do keep your belongings secure for you, but I myself would not bring anything expensive along, but that's just me and my paranoia about leaving my "stuff" where others may have access to it. I don't bring what I can't afford to get lost. It would be difficult to take photos along the course as your hands are "busy", and also you have to keep going through the course so everyone has a chance to get through. They do not rush you, but you just can't stop for too long at a time as it backs things up. They will take a photo of each of you that you may purchase at the end of the trip (hint...my DH took a picture of the photo that they had to sell us and it turned out perfectly!;) )

Tami

The treetop adventure was great. Truly one of the highlights of our trip. The treetop adventure can be best described as a high ropes course but with cables instead of ropes. My kids have done high ropes courses several times at various places, but of all the ones they have done, this was their favorite. Why? Because it was the longest (took about 1 hour) and the funnest (i.e., it wasn't difficult, it was fun). DW and I had a blast. I had a disposable camera that I could have used, but it was a pain in the butt trying to get it out of my cargo shorts pocket. We had to wear a harness and the harness makes it difficult getting things into and out of your pockets. Besides, the photopraph that the photographer took of us was way better than any my disposable could've taken.

But just to be balanced. The waverunners at CocoCay and the BOB Underwater adventure at St. Thomas were equally as fun. Parasailing was fun as well, it just didn't last as long as the other 3 excursions.

Archived