Review: Spirit Teen Club?

dongordon

My 13 year old daughter and her friend will be participating in the Spirit's Teen Club in our upcoming July 22nd Spirit cruise.

Can anyone tell me about their activities and how their teens enjoyed the teen club?

Thanks.

Don

Did he relate to you the activities he enjoyed.

We usually make dinner between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM and are wondering if the teen activities that were most popular would interfere with those dinner reservations.

Don

Hi. I was not on the spirit, but I was on the Dawn, crown, and star, so far. The teen clubs were very similar, so I'll give a review based on the other ship. I am 16, by the way. I had a lot of fun on the teen clubs. I met many people that I still talk to (one of my friends and I from the Star are trying to be on the same cruise again). The first night everyone meets at registration, it can be a little awkward at first especiialy for shy people. I went over to people to talk, depending on the teens they may or may not come over to you its better to be able to go over to them. There are ice breaker games, howevr. After that, we went to some actvities that intrested us, but otherwise we hung out around the ship ( not part of the program we did things like ate lunch together sometimes, late night foods at one of the 24 hour restuaraunts, movies, cards, hot tub, just chilling. With the teen club we did karaoke, dancing, shows, murder mystery dinner, some other games. if you want to do anything wth the teen program you need a few other people to meet at the teeen lounge normally within the first 15 minutes of the scheduled activity time, or else its cancelled. I found the counselors very nice and fun. That's about all let me know if you wnat more information.

What time is registration on the first night?

Could you let me know when the best times are to participate in the teen club . As I explained, we often make dinner reservations between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM and I am wondering if this would interfere with my daughter's activities in the Teen Club.

Thanks again.

Don

I am not totally sure, around 7 or 8 i believe, then there are games and such. The first night she should definatly go to meet people. After that, you just decide to meet everyone really, it's more spontaneuos than anything. You talk to the people you meet and decide to meet at a certain time the next day or at a certain activity. The beauty of NCL is that your daughter does not have to eat with you, she can eat with her new friends. If you want your daughter with you, try to schedule dinner around the teen club the first night, so she can meet people. After the first night, when she finds people to hang out with it will be easier to go with you to dinner and tell her new friends she will meet up with them later, and then set a time. Most of the time, the teens do hang out at night starting at around 8 or 9 on port days. Earlier on sea days. if you have anymore questions please post.

On the first night, do parents need to attend for registration? In the other age groups we did.

My daughter prefers us not to be around when she is with other teens.

Do most teens share this "thought process?"

Don

Yes. The parents did have to sign a certain paper, but when I went my parents registered my younger siblings in the camp earlier so they just got the paper and signed it with my younger siblings. It really wasn't a big deal to me, I understand that a lot of other teens can be embarrased by it, but nobody really cares. if it is a big deal to her you can sign the paper earlier before orientation, or she can get the paper herself and then run to where you are to sign it and she can bring it back to camp. She will have a great time. Hope you have fun on your cruise. :D

Archived