Scuba diving in Georgetown, Grand Cayman

kristin0824

If your time is limited, and if you have a dive buddy, and if you want to get in one good shore dive, then I recommend Eden Rock.

It's an easy 10 minute walk from the tender pier, there are great diving conditions closeby, and it's a reasonable $30 to rent gear for the shore dive.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the times of the 2 tank dives are 9:30 & 11 but I am concerned that our last tender is 1 pm and the drop off point still requires a taxi ride back to the tender area. Anyone able to pull this off or is a shore dive at Eden Rock better?

My husband and I just got back from the Miracle 7/23. We dove with Seasports <www.bestdivingingrandcayman.com> and I would recommend them as a dive op overall and would definitely dive with them again. Very good service on a 8-pack dive boat; $95/person with your own equipment, so a little more than others cost. Like Neptune Divers, they leave from Seagrape Beach, which is quick and easy to get to by taxi at $5/person. However, their 2 tank dives were 10 AM and 12N, and we were hustling to make it ot the last tender. Grand Cayman is 1 hour behind ship time, so 9:30 AM and 11 AM dives should not be a prob. In fact, we arrived on Seagrape Beach at about 8:20 AM Cayman time and sat until 10 AM! We talked to others who dove with Neptune Divers and they were happy, so I'd go with them just due to the time factor.

Archived