Okay, it's official!

bambam2972

As of yesterday I'm booked on my first Carnival cruise! I've been lurking on this board for a while trying to find information on Elation.

The only bad thing is that it's a family cruise.. which includes all the cousins... now I'm going to have to find a place to hide from them! :eek: ;)

I do have a question... has anyone rented a cabana on half moon cay? We started looking at excursions yesterday, and my dad was thinking that maybe we could all pitch in for one, and it would be a good place for my grandparents to be that day. Even though it'll be December so it shouldn't be that hot, he thinks it might be more comfortable for them.

I myself don't mind just pulling up a beach chair and relaxing (and maybe getting in the water).

Thanks for any info!

I do have a question... has anyone rented a cabana on half moon cay? We started looking at excursions yesterday, and my dad was thinking that maybe we could all pitch in for one, and it would be a good place for my grandparents to be that day. Even though it'll be December so it shouldn't be that hot, he thinks it might be more comfortable for them.

I myself don't mind just pulling up a beach chair and relaxing (and maybe getting in the water).

Thanks for any info!

I am really sorry that we did not book a cabana. For those that cannot be in the sun all day - it is a wonderful thing. Next time I go to HMC I will have one - for sure!!:)

Oh I know this won't be my last... especially since Victory sails out of Charleston a few times a year. I don't know why we haven't gone on her yet... :confused:

Thanks, Kathy. The more I think about it and look at it, the cabana does sound like a good idea. Not only for my grandparents, but I have two 3 year old cousins who I know wouldn't want to be in the sun all day either.

Don't worry bambam, you won't have any trouble "hiding" from the cousins. The ship is big and there's a lot to do. Our first cruise was also a family trip. We managed to spend and much and as little time with each of the various cousins as we pleased. Best family vacation we ever took!

Archived