Coral Breeze - Shark Ray Snorkeling and Caye Caulker

TwinMom7

Just booked this tour last night with Coral Breeze. I'd read so many good things on this board and decided to give them our business.

Compared to the equivelent tour offered by Carnival - this tour is 90 minutes longer, includes lunch, visits two snorkeling locations rather than one, and offers a beach break/shopping time on Caye Caulker. Coral Breeze also gave me a 10% discount because I had booked well in advance. So, I'm acutally getting it for less than the Carnival offered tour.

They also sent (along with my reservation) a great breakdown of the "ship time" compared to the "island time". They had every Carnival ship listed - along with the day and time the specific ship is in port and the local time that the tour is offered. They also reassured us that every tour will return you to the ship 60-90 minutes prior to the ships departure.

If anyone has taken this tour, I'd love to hear about your experience.

Patty

Did it in 2003! Had a great time, loved the snorkeling (saw only one shark, but that was plenty for me!!!) and the lunch and time on the island. At the time we went the restaurant was built over the water, kind of open air. Very nice.

Valerie

Just booked this tour last night with Coral Breeze. I'd read so many good things on this board and decided to give them our business.

Compared to the equivelent tour offered by Carnival - this tour is 90 minutes longer, includes lunch, visits two snorkeling locations rather than one, and offers a beach break/shopping time on Caye Caulker. Coral Breeze also gave me a 10% discount because I had booked well in advance. So, I'm acutally getting it for less than the Carnival offered tour.

They also sent (along with my reservation) a great breakdown of the "ship time" compared to the "island time". They had every Carnival ship listed - along with the day and time the specific ship is in port and the local time that the tour is offered. They also reassured us that every tour will return you to the ship 60-90 minutes prior to the ships departure.

If anyone has taken this tour, I'd love to hear about your experience.

Patty

Did it in Sept 2005. I booked with Coral Breeze and they cancelled the tour and I didn't find out until I got on shore. I was PO'd!!! They did send an email to the Carnival ship but Carnival never delivered it. I think they cancelled because they didn't have enough people signed up (only 8) and it probably wasn't worth it for them to go, so watch out. Luckily we talked another vendor (Wet n' Wild) into taking us and it was great. Very friendly staff. Saw about 8 nurse sharks and 10 rays within about 10 feet. Even better got a close up view of a huge Morey Eel and the Wet n' Wild guy got him to come out of his coral home and fed him and petted him.. The reef snorkel was real strenuous and I am a strong swimmer. So much time was wasted with Coral Breeze that we didn't have time with Wet n' Wild to do Caye Caulker. BUT - the snorkel was great.

Did it in Sept 2005. I booked with Coral Breeze and they cancelled the tour and I didn't find out until I got on shore. I was PO'd!!! They did send an email to the Carnival ship but Carnival never delivered it. I think they cancelled because they didn't have enough people signed up (only 8) and it probably wasn't worth it for them to go, so watch out. Luckily we talked another vendor (Wet n' Wild) into taking us and it was great. Very friendly staff. Saw about 8 nurse sharks and 10 rays within about 10 feet. Even better got a close up view of a huge Morey Eel and the Wet n' Wild guy got him to come out of his coral home and fed him and petted him.. The reef snorkel was real strenuous and I am a strong swimmer. So much time was wasted with Coral Breeze that we didn't have time with Wet n' Wild to do Caye Caulker. BUT - the snorkel was great.

I also booked with Coral Breeze in January of this year-and they were a no show. Also was able to go with Wet n Wild. We did do Caye Caulker and it was great. CB did return my deposit by mail.

I'm wondering if anyone has used them in the past few months? I posted a new thread with that question. It would be nice to hear some recent positive feedback before I book with them.

I tried emailing them (the person who handled my booking direct, not the website) a few weeks ago and never received a reply. Maybe he isn't with them anymore or they (CB) are not around any more. Heard they were using a new name. They have a great website, too bad they won't respond.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info Snoozeman. It doesn't sound very promising.

I contacted them by email recently and they got back to me the next day' date=' I booked the tour by credit card, $24 deposit, and am all set to go. We had no problem with them not notifying us.[/color']

Randy

That sounds better' date=' Randy. What date are you scheduled for? Just wondering if you could please report back about your experience when you return?[/quote']

Sure, I could report back on how it went, but you will have to be patient. We will not be there until Nov. 22nd. I am hoping to read some reviews before then myself.

Randy

Randy, November will be here before you know it. I can't believe it's almost August! This summer is just running on past me so fast this year. Hopefully, you'll get to read a review or two before you leave, but if not, I'm sure glad to hear you'll let me know how it went.:)

We went on a Carnival cruise this past April and booked our Belize snorkeling tour through Coral Breeze. There were nine of us plus two guides, and it was the most amazing experience of our lives! Our tour guides, Heni and Mario, did a fantastic job of informing us about the culture of Belize as well as pointing out Manatee and dolphins while we were on our way out to the snorkel areas. They also explained what role the mangroves play for hurricane protection, as well as providing a feeding ground/nursery for many species of fish and birds.

When we got to our snorkel stops, Heni made sure everyone's equipment fit properly and we could tell that safety was her number one priority. I brought my own snorkel gear and had a small problem with my mask (it was leaking). The next thing I knew, Heni pulled out one of their own masks for me to use, and I hadn't even asked her for one. After making sure everyone felt comfortable and safe, out we went to see the most amazing coral and fish. Words just cannot describe how beautiful the water is, let alone the coral formations. You just won't Belize it!!! We had an amazing time swimming with the stingrays and nurse sharks also, and let me tell you - there were plenty of both! I bet we saw at least 50 stingrays and a good 20 nurse sharks. They were aloof to our presence, unless we had food but I don't recall any of us feeding them. Heni was sitting on the side of the boat cutting up small pieces of food and dropping it in the water to attract them. I was far more intrigued than I was intimidated or scared. Actually, I felt very comfortable and safe in the water even though they were swimming all around us. The water was very shallow - about 3 to 4 feet and we just stood there, floated on the surface with mask and snorkel, or walked around while the nurse sharks and stingrays weaved and bobbed around us. It was so incredible!

Coral Breeze deals with the cruise lines all the time and I know that everyone has concerns about missing their ship, but it wasn't an issue for us. All of the tour operators know exactly how long to spend at each destination in order for it to make it all work and they have it down to a science, believe me. We returned to the pier area in Belize with at least an hour to shop or whatever before we tendered back to the ship. The only thing I wish we had had more time for was walking around Caye Caulker. By the way, our lunch there was fantastic with way more food than I could eat. It was a real bargain and delicious. Try out the Belikin beer with lunch. Mmmmm! Caye Caulker is a lovely, quiet island with helpful and friendly locals. As I said, I just wish that we had more time to spend on the island, but the trip was really about snorkeling anyway and we spent lots and lots of time in the water. There's no way I would book a tour with the cruise line and do a cattle tour when ours was so small. It was a bargain, plain and simple.

By the way, I fell in love with Caye Caulker while I was there and will be returning for ten days in November...arriving there on November 22nd. So Randy, maybe I will see you and Kathy there. lol ;) Seriously, I decided that I will forego a cruise this year and stick with Belize, and Belize only - I loved it that much!!

I'm not affiliated in any way with Coral Breeze, but I do want to let you know that you shouldn't worry about your tour with them. Everything went off without a hitch. On a side note, make sure you bring plenty of sunblock. We all got more sun than we expected, and I think it was from being on the boat. If you slather the stuff on every time you think about it, you should be ok (and don't forget to put some on your ears as well - that's what really got me). I hope this helped you out in some way.

Happy cruising everyone!

Hi I booked with Coral Breeze for our stop on July 13, 2006. First of all, yes it did have a name change - they operate under the name of Hammerhead Watersports. The day we arrived it was really rainy and nasty - I even heard that there was a small watercraft advisory and that RCI didn't even stop at the port. So we were a little bummed and torn about what to do.

We went to the meeting spot and there was a lady waiting to meet us, we explained what we were thinking and she agreed that we probably wouldn't have a very good time considering the weather and that it was totally ok if we wanted to cancel. So we did decide to cancel, and they returned our $ (credited my card) with no questions/problems. And according to their rules, they didn't really have to refund - because they were there and willing to take us - but we were the one's who cancelled. So in my opinion, they were very professional and helpful in making our decision to cancel or not.

It really sucked cause we were really looking forward to going to Caye Caulker.:( Oh well, maybe next time.

Good luck, hope weather cooperates for you...

I'm glad I can help. I hope that you will let all of us know how your trip went when you return.

Have fun!! :p

Except that Coral Breeze is not the same company that it was when you used them last year. IMHO-Anyone booking through them should ask lots of questions.

I agree that Caye Caulker is fantastic:)

I just booked with Coral Breeze today for the Stingray and Snorkeling tour they offer.

After reading that some people had not so great experiences, I e-mailed them and asked lots of questions.

They were very honest about having some problems at the beginning of the year after some problems with a passenger but that things are running smoothly again.

They were quick to respond and answered all of my questions.

They are working with another tour company, Hammerhead, and have been for a few months now.

I have faith that by the time I arrive in December, the tour will excellent, just like many people have described on here. We are looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...

We're considering this tour while in Belize on the GP 12/2/06, but my concern is with the possibility of getting sea sick while riding on the boat for an hour. Anyone have any opinions as to this? Is it a large boat? How was the ride there?

Archived