Grand Turk Nassau Excursions help needed

JoanieFL

We are cruising on the Fantasy this weekend July 22nd. We still have not decided on excursions, but want to snorkel. We are leaning towards booking through CCL as I've heard that should your excursion return be delayed that is the only way the ship will wait for you to get on board. Am I wrong here?

If we decide on Carnival we are thinking of the following:

Grand Turk-Madison Point Clear Kayak which includes kayaking in a glass bottom kayak and snorkeling.

Nassau-Catamarin Snorkel

I heard that snorkeling through Stuarts Cove is recommended, but I'm concerned about making sure we get back in time.

Another question...

Once we arrive at port what is a reasonable estimate of how long it takes to get off the ship? I am concerned that if we would book a non-Carnival excursion that we may not get off the ship in time. For example Stuarts Cove's website has an excursion schedule and it states the morning pick up as 8:15 am. If the ship arrives at 7:00 am will we be able to get off the ship in time for pick up?

If anyone has any other excursion suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Thanks so much!

While on glory we booked a snorkel excursion that included swimming with stingrays and snorkel treasure hunt with conch shells and oysters. We had a good time but we were rushed and didnt get much time in the water. They feed you and gave you rum punch and then let you swim, if you want to relax i do not recommed this excursion, i believe it was on paradise island but im not sure.

You should be able to make the stuart cove trip. I would forgo the $5 savings though of prebooking via the web. I am also on the fantasy but at a later date and am planning on going on the morning dive trip. BTW, I did go on one of their snorkle trips a few years ago. It is a good excursion.

You can call Stuart COve. I did before making our reservations for the same cruise. Fantasy July 22nd. They do this for cruise ships all the time and I am not worried. We have a couple of hours leeway on the way home and getting off they didn't think would be an issue. If for some reason the weather is bad and or the ship doesn't make it in time, we will get our money back.

We are doing the Ultimate snorkeling in Grand Turk. I don't remember the glass bottom kayak.

You can call Stuart COve. I did before making our reservations for the same cruise. Fantasy July 22nd. They do this for cruise ships all the time and I am not worried. We have a couple of hours leeway on the way home and getting off they didn't think would be an issue. If for some reason the weather is bad and or the ship doesn't make it in time, we will get our money back.

We are doing the Ultimate snorkeling in Grand Turk. I don't remember the glass bottom kayak.

Kris, that sounds pretty good about Stuart Cove. I am now seriously thinking of booking them.

We did consider the Ultimate snorkeling in Grand Turk as an option, but I had read a few negative reviews about it. It sounds like a good one, but decided not to book it do the the complaints.

I probably would have done another one for Grand Turk, but I have a 5 year old that I'm trying to get on as many activities as possible (There are 9 of us altogether with 5 being kids).

The boys/men are doing Kayaking in Half Moon Cay and the my dd and I are horseback riding. My mom is watching the little ones then.

Anyway, I am probably most excited about Stuart Cove. The lady said just get on a tram pretty soon after getting off the snorkeling boat and we will have plenty of time to get back. I'm sure there will be other cruise ships at the pier the same day with other people doing the Stuart Cove trip as well. So, it'll work out.

Who is all going in your group? It is my parents, dh and I and our 5 kids. I'll be easy to spot as right now I am on crutches(hoping to ditch them by Friday) and an aircast boot. But nothing can stop be from snorkeling.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we did go to Stuart Cove in Nassau after all. I am so glad we went on that excursion! I met some people who did one of the snorkeling excursions booked through Carnival and they hated it; one guy said that he felt like he had been held hostage. When I told them about Stuart Cove they were jealous!

We found Stuart Cove to be well organized. The pick up bus was right there and when it was full and others showed up with no reservation the bus driver called for another bus on her cell which came within a few minutes. Nice little ride with friendly "tour" from driver. We arrived and were directed to the area for snorkelers to get their equipment and then told which boat to get on. They are very busy, but it's a well run and organized operation with helpful and friendly staff.

Once on the boat we had a fun and fast ride to the reef. Enjoyed the ocean spray cooling us off and the humorous antics of our guide. He cracked us up and had several women thinking that they should have removed their toenail polish because the "Caribbean Piranas" (sp?) would go after their brightly colored toes! After a minute or so of the ladies worrying he let them know he was only kidding. We made two stops on the reef for snorkeling. One thing I learned was that it paid to buy the fish food as the people who had it had tons of fish swimming around them. I'll do that next time. Saw gorgeous fish and really enjoyed the two stops on the reef. Then for those who wanted to we had a snorkel experience with reef sharks. The guide lowered a feeding box down with bait so that the sharks would stay near the bottom. We then went into the water and were directed to hold onto the ropes. It was awsome watching about 40 or 50 sharks swimming right there in the water with us.

I highly recommend this company! It was definitely one of the highlights of our cruise. We are going on another cruise with friends with a stop in Nassau and we are planning on booking this again as our friends wanted to go after we told them about it. Also would love to do one of their scuba classes.

How much was the Stuarts Cove snorkel when you took it the day of the excursion?

We're doing the dune buggy adventure in Grand Turk, but are looking for something like you did when we're in Nassau. Thanks for the review - let me know the cost!

Thanks...

• 5 months later...

Archived