palo dining and formal night??

hlh1978

Hi! We're first time disney cruisers and were wondering when the formal nights are on the 7nt magic cruise. Also, trying to book Palo to correspond with Flounders Reef reso, but its telling me there are no avaliable resos for Palo. Should I go ahead and book the Flounders Reef and hope we get a reso at Palo for same night? Any advice will help! Thanks

Hi,

Last time we did the 7 day formal night was on sunday. That was a year ago, but I'm sure it is still the same. Things like that just don't change.

We are going again on 8/5. If it has changed I will try to remember to let you know.

The reason it wont take any more reservations on line doesnt really mean it is all filled up. They only allow a certain amount of reservations to be done on line. For those who cant do that it wouldnt be fair to let all the reservations go that way. Once you are on board there will be a place and time listed on your Navigator to let you know where to go to make reservations. Be there as soon as it starts, because things do fill up then.

You could make flounders reservations then try to change then on board just as soon as you book Palos, if you cant get the right time. Flounders allows each person a certain amount of hours each cruise. They do limit how many kids they will have at any one time, where the clubs are unlimited. So I would make a reservation and try to get Palos for the same time. I think they would work with you ok if you needed to change something. They really do try to accommodate everyone if they can.If you need to change Flounders, go there just a ssoon as you have your Palos reservation for the best chance at making it work for you.

When are you going?? Are you doing the Eastern or Western? Both are great. We like the Eastern best so far. We have been 11 times so far with 4 more cruises booked over the next 18 months.

If I can help with any other questions, please ask.

You can get a free DVD from the disney cruise line web site too. It is a good one to watch before you cruise. So order it if you havnt already done so. It is a wealth of information fo ryou.

I wish you a Magical cruise,

mom x4,grandma x4

Thank you soo much for the advice...we're going on the the eastern iteniary 9/2/06. I"m a little worried about hurricanes, but they say disney will do everything they can to avoid and/or stop at different ports to accomodate passengers. We will be traveling with twin 2 year olds, so if you have any advice re: that, let me know! Thanks again....

On the nights that are formal and semi do you have to dress accordingly or can you go casual to certain restaurants? I just don't feel like packing a suit. I just want to relax and not have to worry about dress codes. The most I have to deal with is business casual in my job.

If you are on the Magic the buffet is open from 6:30 to 8:30 on all but the first and last night of the cruise. It isnt really a buffet, you have asalad buffet and the rest is the same menu as the restaurants have and you will have a waiter to serve you.

The Wonder doesnt have this service.

However both ships have room service which is no extra charge accpet tip .

Plenty of food around the pools too. Pizza,wraps, fruit, burgers, chicken sandwiches, chicken fingers, fries, chips, sometimes pastas or mexican foods too. On formal night all 3 restaurants are formal dress.

we dont dress formal and have always eaten in the restaurants on formal night. We do dress nicely though. I wear a dress and DH wears slacks and shirt and mickey tie. You see people dressed all ways at dinner. But for those who do like to dress up I dont want to spoil the atmosphere for them by not at least wearing a dress that night. we are the casual type.

mom x4,grandma x4

Once you are on board there will be a place and time listed on your Navigator to let you know where to go to make reservations. Be there as soon as it starts, because things do fill up then.

Reservations for Dinner, Champagne Brunch and High tea are taken on a first-come, first served basis from noon - 3pm at Rockin' Bar D (in other words, immediately upon boarding) or from 5pm - 6pm at Palo. Be advised, the line is long and the number of reservations are limited. We were never able to book the brunch until they began offering online ressies, because it was always booked out by the time we got on board.

DisneyCruiseGirl, not all of us are able to count on the kindness of friends (and strangers) to get Palo ressies. The OP was asking about getting reservations once she gets onboard the Wonder.

I'll be in line too, trying to add 2 people to our existing reservations for brunch and dinner. We found out the hard way that if you don't have linked dining with friends, you can't book for more people than are in your traveling party. This is our honeymoon cruise and our best friends happen to be cruising with us. We were only able to book for 2 people, since that's the number of people on our cruise docs....so I too will be in the Palo lottery line.

Kitser....ummmm...you don't know who this is do you?? I thought you would have guessed by now. Maybe if my name was Mermaid...something....get it yet??? Inside joke. By the way I may be able to help you with your little reservation thing....We'll talk more about it later
Yes, I had guessed. Just wasn't sure if I was right. You set my mind at ease with a timely email tonight though :p

Archived