Fantasy or Celebration?

LRY229

Looking for some advice from anyone who has sailed both ships. We're either booking 9/23 on Celebration or 9/25 or Fantasy, both 5 night. Biggest advantage is Fantasy does go someplace besides Nassau (I've been 10+ times). I've read great reveiws on both ships. We're looking at a 5A, great prices on both but Celebration is about $30/pp more. Drive to Jax is about 30-45 minutes, about 2 hrs to Canaveral but an easy trip.

As you can tell from my past cruises, I don't mind the smaller or older ships as long as they're clean. We'll be on the Liberty next April and I can't wait.

Come join us on the Fantasy! It's been refirbished since you last sailed. There are some nice ports of call. (LOVE HMC!) and being a past guest, call CCL and ask for the Past Guest Rate. You may be surprised what a great deal it is and we ended up with a 6D cabin!

We live in South Florida about 45 minutes from Miami and are driving to Port Canaveral for ours (2 1/2 hours). We loved the chance to cruise on a new itinery and an updated Fantasy Class ship!

Here is a link to some pictures I found online of the ship since all the updates!

http://members2.clubphoto.com/whalen206050/1726201/guest.phtml

Hope to see you on board in September

I hope it's okay to reply to your post even though I have never cruised on the Celebration. We cruised on the Fantasy in May and it was wonderful. The itinerary sold me, and the size of the ship was perfect!

This is just my opinion, but I just don't have any desire to do the Celebration. Alot of people don't cruise for the size of the ship, or the newness, or a big atrium, but I'm a very visual person and all of those things just help to make it better for me. And, the Celebration's itinerary isn't of interest to me. But, lot's of people cruise it every year and just love it, so like i said, it's just my opinion and take it with a grain of salt.

Probably either one is going to be great for you, but just know you can't go wrong on the Fantasy. The public areas, esp the Promenade look great and the staff is terrific. Have fun whichever you choose.

Thank you both for your replys. Vidimom, we'll probably join in your roll call - we're actually leaning towards the Fantasy. Jax is just so close it's really tempting. I've heard nothing but great things about the Fantasy.

We got a great rate with past guest. $229/pp (before taxes, etc) for a 5A. I was very happy with that. Can't believe we can do a 5 night cruise for 2 for $550.00. Of course, I know it's hurricane season. Some of my family is cruising on the Mariner the beginning of Sept and paid more than that per person. I know you can't compare the two, but I really do like the smaller ships.

My DH and I just recently returned from the 5 day Fantasy and loved every minute of it. The ports were great except for Nassau. Been there so many times! Not very interested in that port. We also did the 5 day on the Celebration over last New Year's Eve. Loved that trip also but the Fantasy offered so much more. The ports for the celebration were no where near the fun we had on the Fantasy. Would not think twice about going back on the Fantasy eventhough we live in Jacksonville. Whichever cruise you choose, you will have a great time.:)

Lois

Hi Lynn:

Hope to see you on the roll call soon! That is a great deal on a 5A! We got the 6D total with all taxes for $629.66. I think the base was $269.00 each and we were thrilled! The lowest rate we found on line was $349.00 each plus taxes so we are all set! Final payment this week for us! We have a thread on the Roll Call and hope to see you there soon! BTW, we also loved the BRB the one and only time we had the pleasure of cruising on her! Miss those HUGE oceanview cabins with the split bathroom!

Till then!

Susan

I have been on the Fantasy 3 times. I love it. I am going on the celebration 8/26/2006 I can let you know then. But I have heard it is really nice. But the best thing is it is only 45 mins away from me. Not 3+ hours. Carnival is great I think almost any way. But the new five day on the Fantasy looks GREAT!!!!

I have sailed the Fantasy twice and found her to be a wonderful ship. I have not sailed the Celebration. I have seen it posted that the Celebration was built before stabilizers were standard on cruise ships. And the ship tends to rock more than a Fantasy class ship. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Archived