formal...im 14

ok well i have this awesome 50's inspired cocktail dress that is strapless and flares out and it has chiffon under the skirt it also has a pink bow on the skirt and its the cutest thing ever i bought it for my 8th grade formal and i have these killer heels that remind me of sumthing beyonce would wear and i really want to wear it but my cousin says its not formal enough so shes lending me this black i strap long dress its pretty but i dont love it like i love my other dress

which is a better dress for formal night?

On my last cruise I was 17 and for formal night I wore a "retro" style dress like that. It was short (around knee length), black and strapless. It had netting in the skirt to make it slightly puffy and a pink flower on the waist. It was perfect for formal night and it sounds a lot like yours. I say wear the dress you love.

As the proud mom of an "almost" 14 year old, I think your dress sounds fabulous!!! You sound like you love it and would feel great wearing it. Tell your cousin to worry about herself and not you. ha-ha!!! (Okay, maybe don't)

I think at your age it is very important to express yourself and your personality in a respectful and appropriate way. The cocktail dress you just described, certainly sounds like that.

And be sure and practice walking in those awsome shoes.. BEFORE you get on the ship.

Happy cruising!

Lori,

You have given extremely good advice to this Young Lady. Her dress sounds fabulous. The Cousin is Jealous. :rolleyes:

Being comfortable and Loving what you are wearing are very important to having a great time. ;)

SUN: You go, Girl. Wear that Dress and Dance those feet off. Have a Wonderful Cruise. :D

I think your dress sounds wonderful. As a matter of fact, the description matches a dress my daughter (12 1/2) wanted for our next cruise. Unfortunately, by the time the sales came around it was gone :( . You have a great attitude, wear what you feel good in and walk in with confidence!

Wear the dress you love!!! If it was good enough for the school dance it should be good enough for formal night. If, however, your family insists that you wear a floor length dress ask your mom to take you shopping at david's bridal. They have a great clearance sale going right now. I bought my daughter who is about to turn 13 a beautiful gown for $19.99 that was originally $189! Ebay is another option if you don't have a david's bridal near you. You should be allowed wear a dress that makes you feel beautiful, not your cousin's dress that you hate.

Archived