Spirit- Which are tender ports?

Dancyalien

Im going on the Spirit on Sept 30th. We will be going to the following ports:

st thomas

torola

kings wharf

Can you tell me which are tender ports? Also, is there an easy way to find out this infomation for future cruises?

We were in Tortola for the first time this March and loved it. We began with a private charter over to The Baths on Virgin Gorda. I decided that is the most beautiful place on earth and our charter, Patouche, was wonderful (they guided us in snorkeling to the Baths, served lunch and unlimited drinks after our swim). When we returned we had more time, so the Patouche staff recommended a beach (I think Brewster Bay) and called us a taxi. The taxi gave us an amazing ride across the island, dropped us at the gorgeous beach, and picked us up at the appointed time. It wa a perfect day!

Thanks so much.... My husband was curious about that. I do have another question for you. What did you do in Tortola? Any suggestions?

The first trip we went to Virgin Gorda to the BATHS and our second visit we walked around town ..went to a few supermarkets and galleries and did shopping

Thanks! I've heard so many good things about Patouche. I am pretty sure Im going to book through them even though its going to cost the same as the cruiseline.

Any suggestions for St Thomas? I was thinking about taking a cab to coki beach and coral world or doing sunny liston tours.

We couldn't decide whether we wanted to tour or shop or go to the beach on St. Thomas so we took a tour with Godfrey and did all 3. I understand it is the same tour, but Sunny may be even more lively. Godfrey was knowledgeable, friendly, accommodating and professional, but I wouldn't all him lively (no singing). Our ship didn't arrive until Noon, so even though his tour starts earlier, he came back for us after dropping his other passengers off to shop. He gave us a great tour including a stop at Mountain Top, home of the banana daiquari. It is worth it for the drink and the view. Otherwise, just some shops. After the tour where we felt we saw most of the island, he dropped us at Coki Beach/Coral World. My sister in law took my nephew into Coral World while the rest of us found a spot on the beach. We rented chairs and an umbrella and waiters brought us the best pina coladas ever. The beach was slightly crowded, but so beautiful, we loved it and it never got uncomfortably so. I think that was the clearest water we saw in the entire Caribbean. After a couple of hours on the beach, Godfrey picked us all up and took us back and we had a choice of being brought straight to the ship or dropped off in the shopping district. A few of us chose shopping and it worked out perfectly. We got a free shuttle back to the ship in plenty of time for dinner! A perfect day!!

I just noticed I used the same words to describe our Tortola day! Oops! I guess I should say I loved every minute of our cruise on the Dawn and every island we saw for different reasons - that is the joy of the Caribbean.

I see that King's Wharf is your other port. Be sure to see other parts of the island. Bermuda is the best place to find an individual taxi and just ask him to give you a tour. We paid about $100 for a 3 hour tour and felt it was worth every penny. St. George is the most quaint of the Bermuda towns and Hamilton has the best shopping. And the beaches should not be missed, so do not limit yourself to King's Wharf which is mostly a big shopping mall with less character.

We are leaving on Saturday July 22 on the Spirit , same Ports, St. Thomas, Tortola and Bermuda. I am curious about the Patouche person you spoke of and the tour. Is there a web site? How do I find out the price and the kinds of tours he offers? Pleease write back ASAP sine we are leaving in 2 days.

Thanks

Traveler

Hello,

I know someone else that will be on your cruise. Anyway, if you would like to chat please feel free to email me. I have been doing a lot of research with other people that will be on my cruise in Oct and we have a little group going.

Anyway, here is the infomation you asked for.

There half day tour is $60pp (10% discount if you book in advance, or 20% off if your a college student, yeah for me)

According to the email the company sent me the price includes endless benerages (assortment of sodas, beers, carribbean rum punch, and water), snorket equipment, lunch, and outstanding personal attention along the way.

They have gotten great reviews on this site as well as others. I also have the Directions to the pier that she sent me. You do have to get there. Julie said its about a 20-30 min walk or they can help to arrange a cab for you.

Traveler, I see you you have been provided with the Patouche website. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Email Julie with your schedule, etc and she will do whatever she can to accomodate you. HEre is Godfrey Renal's website and email for when you are on St. Thomas. Have fun!! I know you will.http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/cw.html

godfrey@godfreytoursvi.com

Hummin Bird,

Here is another link for a tour in St Thomas. This one is for Sunny Liston.

www.sunnylistontours.com

I was looking into doing Godfrey in St Thomas but he couldn't help us because our ship isnt getting in till 11:30am (which is probably the same as you)

Sunny Liston said he could accomodate us. He has also gotten very good reviews on these sites.

A couple people that are going on the Sept 30th NCL Spirit cruise started a group. We have some infomation on there you might find valuable. You may want to check that out as well. We have some links for tours, coupons, and also some tips.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CruiseMatesGroup/

Hope this helps you out! Enjoy your cruise. I have a friend from work that will be on the same cruise as you....

Archived