TA Question...

Sorry folks, yet another TA question...

We have the Serenade booked with a TA here in Ottawa, but are awaiting a price quote from another TA (thanks Teri, if you're reading this!)...to be honest the TA we booked it with has been annoying us and if we got a lower rate with the other TA, we would go with her.

How does it work if you've already booked with one TA? Does the new TA just take over your booking with RCCL? Sorry if this sounds silly, I just want to know what I should do if I switch over to the other TA....

Thanks for any help! :)

I think as long as you have the booking number, you should be able to transfer the booking. However, some TA's charge if you cancel the booking.

Good Luck,

Norma

Actually, the booking belongs to the agency and cannot be transferred without their permission.

Exactly right, cruiseco! The TA you originally booked with owns the booking, and may charge you a fee to transfer the booking. They may choose NOT to transfer the booking, too. RCI will not help you if you've booked through a TA. You should have something in writing from the original TA that you booked with about their cancellation fee, and their policy about transferring the booking.

You should always get a reservation number and a cabin number from your TA or from the website that you are booking with. As soon as you put a deposite go to the RCI website and enter your reservation number and the names of the people in your party and cabin number will appear. Always pay by credit card, that way if there is a dispute with your TA you can always stop payments and rebook with a different TA. Never pay in full unless it is less than 72 Days from your cruise. Good luck.

Archived