Room Service Must Haves

pampaul

I stole this idea from another board and think it could be interesting. I'm sailing on the Dawn next month and wondering what your favorite thing is to order from room service. Also, how extensive is the menu?

My favorite things to order from room service:

Chocolate mousse and veggie pizza (in that order:D ).

The menu is not very extensive, but as a tide-you-over till the next huge meal, it does the trick for me.

Oh, breakfast is continental-style. They don't deliver things that need to be warm/cooked like eggs, sausage, etc in the standard cabins. They have AWESOME Danishes and I like the muffins & yogurt as well, in the a.m.s

I stole this idea from another board and think it could be interesting. I'm sailing on the Dawn next month and wondering what your favorite thing is to order from room service. Also, how extensive is the menu?

Actually there were no 'must haves" on the limited room service menu, although the MUST HAVE for me was coffee every morning before I could open my eyes and leave the cabin for breakfast :-)..If anyone found a must have on the room service menu they sure weren't looking at the other restaurants LOL...I can't imagine anyone finding a hidden gem in the room service menu..a..I looked a LOT :-)

Last Nov. on the Dream my early riser DH enjoyed a pre-breakfast of a muffin, bacon and coffee almost every morning. We were in a BA and surprised we could get the bacon as we were expected nothing hot.

Linda

My favorite things to order from room service:

Chocolate mousse and veggie pizza (in that order:D ).

In that order? Get em together, throw in a pickle and watch your husband faint!

-Monte

We actually found relaxing in our outside cabin on the Spirit with continental breakfast from room service to be one of the highlights of our last cruise. We ordered: a large pot of coffee (and brought our favorite flavored creamer from home), fresh fruit (including sliced bananas, which were cleverly sliced and served in the peel), croissants, muffins, rolls, peanut butter and jelly. We propped all the pillows in the room up below the window and used the "shelf" area between the window and the bed to put the tray, coffee, etc. We were spoiled by starting several days in such a relaxed manor and not having to rush out of the room in the mornings because we were hungry. (I think once we made a quick stop at the buffet for something more substantial after that. And, once or twice we went to the dining room for breakfast.)

Happy Cruising!

One of my few complaints about cruising on NCL is their lackluster room service menu. That said, I agree with those who like the chocolate mousse but I'm not sure if I would go so far as to label it a "must have".

DH and I found the breakfast to be a good start.....fruit plate, coffee, juice, milk, rolls, toast, muffin......did have cereal one morning. These were a great pre-breakfast start, and on the days we had early excursions and couldn't make the dining room for breakfast they were an even better treat!!!

One of my few complaints about cruising on NCL is their lackluster room service menu. That said, I agree with those who like the chocolate mousse but I'm not sure if I would go so far as to label it a "must have".

I'm not so sure I would label it a 'mousse" either LOL..although it IS chocolaty :-)

Archived