Is Grand cayman on central time?

bluecruisin

Ok, just want to get this straight (I confuse easily!).

In September, if ship says it arrives in Grand Cayman at 9:00 a.m., then it's also 9:00 a.m. in Cayman, so I can judge the time from my watch. I'm renting a car and don't want to miss the ship, so want to be sure I have it back in plenty of time.

Thanks!

Now you've really confused me because you contradicted what the previous poster said, lol.

So, if ship arrives at 9:00 a.m., then it's really 8:00 Cayman time? And if leaves at 5:00, then it's really leaving 4:00 Cayman time?

lol...You are correct about the times rrt737, but the previous poster was ALSO correct.

Grand Cayman and Miami are both on EST. However, since GC does NOT observe Dalight Savings Time, it remains on Standard Time from March-October, while those areas that DO observe DST "spring forward" 1 hour.

From October-March, DST observers "fall back" an hour, and during this time GC and Miami are on the same time.

Since GC does NOT observe DST, it ends up being 1 hour behind Miami (EST), and this time is the same as CST.

Is that about as clear as mud?

Grand Cayman is officially on Cayman time year round.

It happens to coincide with EST or CDT depending on the time of year.

It is the ships that may or may not change time relative to Grand Cayman, and a number of them even adjust their time while at sea... :confused::confused:

Archived