Pride of America Review and pics

lhall85917

We sailed on the June 10 sailing of Pride of America and had a marvelous time. Like others, we were concerned by some of the reviews but our concerns disappeared immediately. The staff was wonderful, the ship and accommodations were fantastic, and what can you say about Hawaii except WOW!! :D We especially enjoyed our dinner at the Lazy J Steakhouse, not something we normally do, but it was marvelous - I would highly recommend this!!

We had sailed around Hawaii on the Star, so this trip we did some things that we missed the first time. In Hilo we rented a car and drove to Volcano National Park, spent most of the day then returned the car and went back to the ship. Next, in Maui we rented a car and drove the road to Hana - beautiful scenery and fun day! With some trepidation, we went all the way around - it wasn't a problem and turned out to be a fun adventure. Again, we returned the car on our way back to the ship so we didn't have to worry about parking. We bought the cruise ship's excursion for Lahaina on your own for the next day. For the 2 of us it was about the same price as it would have been to rent a car and spared us the hassle of picking it up, parking, etc.

At Kona, we just got off the ship and wandered around town. This was a new stop for us and we really loved the town!! In Kauai we rented a car and had a NaPali catamaran excursion booked that left from the north part of the island. This was fun, but it was our one regret. We basically saw the same thing with the ship's sailby the next day - just from slightly further away. The 2nd day in Kauai we took a shuttle to one of the shopping centers and wandered around.

There is also a link to a video with our pictures in my signature (it is about 8 minutes long). If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Sharon

Aloha and Mahalo!

Thanks for the great review! PoAm was wonderful for us too! Love your video clip. I had never heard of that You Tube website. I am a bit technology challenged, but how did you get your still digital photos into a video to store on that website? Would love to do that with our photos. I have them stores on snapfish.com and that will make a slideshow, so maybe we will have to content with that!

Aloha and Mahalo!

Thanks for the great review! PoAm was wonderful for us too! Love your video clip. I had never heard of that You Tube website. I am a bit technology challenged, but how did you get your still digital photos into a video to store on that website? Would love to do that with our photos. I have them stores on snapfish.com and that will make a slideshow, so maybe we will have to content with that!

Oh no, you shouldn't be content - the video is easy!! If you have Microsoft XP or higher you can go to Microsoft website and download a program called Photo Story 3. It is easy to use, just import your pics, add music, publish it to be played on your computer, then it is ready to be uploaded to a video storage site! :D

Archived