Royal Grove Hotel

Vmalcolm

I've been reading the reviews of the above hotel on Tripadvisor and it has great ratings. I know it is an older, family run hotel in Waikiki and does not have alot of frills. Appears to be very friendly and efficient, with kitchenettes and within a few blocks of the ocean.

Does anyone have any additional information about the Royal Grove?

Thanks!

Valerie

• 3 weeks later...

VALERIE,

Just got back from POA. I booked 3 rooms at the Royal Grove. We wanted location but didn't need oceanfront luxury. The Royal Grove is basic inexpensive lodging. ONly 6 stories high and PINK. Each room had a double bed & a single bed, Kitchenette, balcony. It is old but not shabby IMHO. Each room has a window A/C unit that takes a while to cool off the room but it is adequate. We stayed 5 days @ $60/night per room and then got a room for the day on Sunday for all of us to rest/relax. The money we saved was spent on other things. You can park your rental car across the street for $6/day with full in-out privileges. Each Friday evening the Fong family who own the place invite all the guests to a poolside potluck dinner w/ entertainment. The pool is small 3' - 6' deep but a large deck area. Also washer & dryers available. The beach is only 1 block away. We didn't use the kitchenette as the inlaws found Perry's Smorg (all u can eat) Breakfast for $5.99 only 2 blocks away on Kuhio Ave. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions just ask.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks so much for the information! We are not fancy and are primarily looking to save money, but still be in the center of things. I was curious about the parking situation too, so that was really helpful. We've decided to rent a car from VIP as they apparently have a rental office close to the Royal Grove (unfortunately my emails to them at their email address keep getting returned...not a good sign....) so we don't have to start off driving in the area our first day. Did they provide coffee/coffee pots in the rooms? Breakfast place sounds great too.

Thank you again!

Valerie

Valerie,

Glad I could help. VIP is just around the corner from the Royal Grove. They had plenty of 4 dr sedans & jeeps. We needed a minivan for 6 of us. I rented from Thrifty about 3 blocks away, but if only 2 - 4 of you VIP should be fine. Enjoy your visit.

Mike

Archived