pre-order wine for stateroom?

We are sailing NOS in another week and I need your help. Does anyone know if you order wine in advance thru Royal Caribbean's wedsite, will it be delivered to your stateroom? When you look under gifts, etc. that can be ordered, there is a list of wines you can pre-order. It lets you check off a box to be delivered to the dining room or your stateroom. I have heard they don't let you take bottled wine to your room or is it different if you pre-order thru them? This is our first cruise and I am not sure how this works??? Someone please give advise.

Thank you.

Yes, you can pre-order wine on-line (or you can call them directly) and they will deliver it to your cabin. I've ordered wine many times for delivery to both the dining room and the cabin. There is a cut off date and time, you may want to call with your credit card, to be assured your order is received with no problems.

Have a great cruise!

I just ordered (by phone) two bottles of wine to be in our stateroom when we board the ROS in Sept. They've already been charged to my credit card, so they had better be in the 'frig when I board!! It looks like RCI doesn't care if you have wine in your stateroom, so long as you pay the $21.00+ per bottle to them. The hard part to swallow is they're selling a $6.99 bottle of wine for $21.99. Now that's what I call inflation! With that kind of profit, no wonder they're strict about us carrying our own liquor on board in our luggage.

Go to the Royal Caribbean website, then click on "Before you Board". There is a section for Gifts and Gear. You can send yourself a bottle of wine. It is more expensive but IMO its worth not having to try to "smuggle on" your own.

Here's a link to Gifts and Gear:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/landing.do;jsessionid=0000oj1I5Q24FLpbwhoDVfchC4H:10ktmf25f?pagename=gifts_and_gear&cS=NAVBAR

Oops...edited. I see you've already been to the Gifts and Gear website. In the words of Emily Latilda..."Never mind!"

I tried to copy and paste the order form, but it is a pdf file and it won't allow c&p'ing.

Here is a link to the pdf order form:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/screensavers/GiftOrderForm.pdf

In a nutshell, this is what it says:

Orders are accepted up until the second day of sailing. Orders are delivered on boarding day by 6 pm unless otherwise requested. Please note that orders accepted after the cutoff times will be delivered on the 3rd day of sailing.

Weekday Departures (Tues - Fri)

Cutoff: 7pm EST the day before sailing

Weekend Departures (Sat - Mon)

Cutoff: 7pm EST the Friday before sailing

I just ordered (by phone) two bottles of wine to be in our stateroom when we board the ROS in Sept. They've already been charged to my credit card' date=' so they had better be in the 'frig when I board!! It looks like RCI doesn't care if you have wine in your stateroom, so long as you pay the $21.00+ per bottle to them. The hard part to swallow is they're selling a $6.99 bottle of wine for $21.99. Now that's what I call inflation! With that kind of profit, no wonder they're strict about us carrying our own liquor on board in our luggage.[/quote']

They are not strict about bringing on your own wine. We put a bottle in our carry-on and it went through the X-ray machine. No one said a word to us.

Someone took a bottle of wine in their carry-on in our group 2 weeks ago. RCI confiscated it from the boarding security checkpoint. They took it and had it for them at dinner the second night plus the corkage fee of course. As a matter of fact, I think they had to say something to the asst. waiter that it should be in the back, and the waiter looked for it and brought it out to the table. He brought a box of wine in his checked luggage and it was still there when he unpacked in the cabin.

I would not suggest you take wine in your carry-on unless you are prepared for it to be confiscated. Just our experience.

Someone took a bottle of wine in their carry-on in our group 2 weeks ago. RCI confiscated it from the boarding security checkpoint. They took it and had it for them at dinner the second night plus the corkage fee of course. As a matter of fact, I think they had to say something to the asst. waiter that it should be in the back, and the waiter looked for it and brought it out to the table. He brought a box of wine in his checked luggage and it was still there when he unpacked in the cabin.

I would not suggest you take wine in your carry-on unless you are prepared for it to be confiscated. Just our experience.

Hi, I started a thread trying to collect just this kind of information. Can you post to it or here: The name of the ship, port, and date when the wine was taken??? We wine nuts are trying to know what to expect. I'm glad your friend at least got his wine back. If you read the thread, you'll see some were not so lucky! Thanks for the update!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=330826&page=9

Archived