Spring Break 2007?

I had a similar question about Spring Break cruising and the jist I got from everyone is very end of Feb thru April. I heard a lot of unfavorable reviews for Spring Break cruising largely due to a lot of children on board but especially rowdy college aged kids. It has made me think twice about cruising then. One good tip someone said was do not cruise on the shorter itinerarys but cruise a 7 nighter, because these are usually not in a college kid's budget.

We have cruised on 7-day itineraries during the first week of March, and haven't seen too many kids, except for some at the parades and in the Windjammer at breakfast. The Voyager class ships are so large and there is so much to do that the kids are doing their thing in one part of the ship, while we stay in areas more frequented by adults. The prices seem to go up the second or thir sailing in March, so that's when there might be more spring breakers.

Sp Brk can be from mid-March thru Easter week (some systems even now take off week after easter). Based on what I saw this year (3rd week of March on Radiance) and discussions here, any cruise line or ship can get a bad crowd, just how well the staff handles the issues. And many college kids can afford to stuff themselves into an inside room for a week.

Here in the Northeast, schools tend to have off for a "winter break" during President's Week (Feb 19-23 in 2007). My daughter's college has off March 19-23, and my stepson's high school is off April 6-13. Easter is April 8th.

We cruised spring break two years in a row...one on princess and last year on RCL - both times no problem.

If you are sailing during that time because you have kids - it will be fine. Lots of families on board but I didn't notice any problems at all.

Spring break varies but you will see lots of families beginning with President's weekend and ending with Easter.

We booked our first cruise last year. I researched all the schools in Texas and surrounding states to see when spring break was and booked for the week before (March 6 - 13). Thought I was being smart:o , but did not realize that the timing of spring break varied so much by region of the country. Anyway, there were 700+ children (toddler to teenager, but not many college age) on our cruise on Rhapsody OTS. We thought it would be a problem, but the cruise itself turned out OK. You had to dodge kids going up and down the stairs sometimes, but for the most part we were not bothered by there presence. We tended to spend a lot of time in the Solarium (adults only pool). The biggest impact of cruising during spring break that we noticed was when we were at Cozumel. Lots and lots of college kids. There were not many college age kids on our cruise probably because, as someone else mentioned, it was a 7 day cruise.

Although we have been booking cruises in early Feb and late April to avoid spring break crowds, I'd be willing to take another cruise in March if it was at least 7 days.

In 2007, in the province of Ontario, Canada, elementary and high schools' spring break is scheduled the week beginning Monday, March 12, 2007. Universities and colleges in the province have their spring break scheduled some time during February.

I thought you had to be 25 (perhaps it's 21) to book a cabin on RCCL. We have cruised in March on Voyager --- didn't notice loads of college kids -- and we are booked for March 2007. I don't think it would worry me anyway - there are plenty of spots on a ship to relax.

I've cruised over Spring Break before and although there were tons of kids on board, it was still very enjoyable. The only ones that were semi-obnoxious were the 12-14 crowd, but that's what those kids are known for anyway :p I'm a teacher so my options to cruise are during school breaks or in the summer. Whenever you decide to go, you'll have a great time.

Archived