Recent AOS Compass and Menus!

Hi,

I am sailing on the AOS, the Barbados route in August and I am looking for as much inofrmation as possible. This is my first cruise and I am very excited. I want to know if anyone has any recent AOS compass or dinning room menus that I can see. I am in the process of trying to finalize all of my plans and those two items would help me very much.

Cruise Critic has been so helpful to me while planning this trip. The information on this site is has been great.

CrystalBlue......

I can't tell you too much about the compass for your sailing but I can tell you that we did the southern route your are doing. (We were on the Serenade).

Don't miss going to the Boatyard in Barbados. It was a very inexpensive cab ride and then a charge to get on the beach that gave you the chairs and umbrella and one drink. The place was hopping. A very nice beach with beautiful waters and a lot of activities. There were a few shops and it was a beautiful day.

On Antigua you should check ot Eli's Ego tour. It has been by far the best excursion we have done a 8 cruises. It was a boat tour of the island that included a walk on Bird Island with lunch on board his boat that is prepared by his neighbor and included fried chicken and homemade carrot cake! Then he will take you to Hells Gate Bridge where you will snorkle out to it, actually climb to the top, walk over it and back down. It was an amazing excursion.

Check out the board for ports and what to do there. Im sure you will find many past cruisers mentioning Elis. Its very popoular...so popular that they have added more choices for excursions and some much more strenuous so be careful which you choose.

If this is your first cruise you will LOVE IT!

Please let us know all about Adventure as we havent sailed on her yet. I'd like to know if they play the "Quest" game? If they do....DON"T miss it. Also this being your first cruise make sure you see the parades in the promenade, the ice show and the theater shows. The same for the Love and Marriage game. All all pretty good and a MUST for a Newbies.

After its over you will be hooked on cruising. Maybe you will want to book for 2008 to Aruba and join us on our lonely thread. We're not worried though....we are just getting a jump start!!

Any way thanks for the hello on our thread and be sure to stop by now and then to say hi. Please let us know how the Adventure was....

John and Carol

Archived