CC Log Books: Any Recent Sightings?

MrPete

I remember reading somethiing about the "book" a while back. A log book for CC folks to write in and it is located in the library? Is this on all ships? I bet I don't even have this right. I would be willing to bring on onboard the Legend in September. Is there already one? :)

I believe it was the Triumph log I signed a couple years ago. It just was on a bookshelf then. If they have them in a drawer that could be why I haven't found any log books since. I guess I will ask next time I'm in the library, but there is never anyone there. :( I know they have posted hours, but so short hours they are.

When we were preparing for our cruise on Victory in 2003 the board was buzzing with folks placing logbooks on the different Carnival ships. It was fun hearing what the book looked like, where people had found it and where they left it again. It kind of felt like we were all in on this fun secret that Carnival didn't know about. We signed the one on the Victory which was on a shelf in the library then.

It wouldn't surprise me if Carnival got rid of it though. There were some ridiculous things written there. "This ship is filthy", "the food is slop", "the crew is snotty"... I didn't agree with any of those things. There were some really great comments in there as well but I remember being really disappointed because I was looking forward to reading CC members' comments and some of them were a real bummer and way over the top.

It would be fun to see the logbook craze revived though. Start 'er up Pete!

I'd love to, ML, but I have no Carnival cruises booked! :(

Only one I ever found and signed was on the Legend last May 2005. I was actually trying to use it to find my fellow CC cruisers on board.

Any recent Legend cruisers find it? It's a teal book in the library with CRUISE CRITIC written on it.

Is Carnival the only line people put these on?

We brought the original Legend Log book onto the ship in October of 2003.

That one must have been swiped (Swiper, no swiping!)

Another Cruise Critter put a new on her last year.

Archived