Assigned cabin upgrade changed????

linhak1

I'm assuming you are talking about after booking a specific cabin?? Since guarantees are never "locked in"... but yes, they can move you back to the same category you booked. There have been people that have gone the sneaky way to find their cabin, only to find it bumped back down when they board... it's more rare, but it does happen.

I have booked an assigned cabin almost a year out from the cruise, cause I like to be lower on the ship and around the middle so I paid the extra to have a assigned cabin instead of a GTY and my PVP told me I will not be moved from that cabin. She said the only time you will be moved is if you book a GTY and that can change right up till when you get to the port.

Kim

Remember that cruise critic members represent less then 1% of fellow travelers so your numbers may be a tad off.

Also a lot of posters dont come back after their cruise.

MrDood--- did this happen to you not long ago?

I have booked an assigned cabin almost a year out from the cruise, cause I like to be lower on the ship and around the middle so I paid the extra to have a assigned cabin instead of a GTY and my PVP told me I will not be moved from that cabin. She said the only time you will be moved is if you book a GTY and that can change right up till when you get to the port.

Kim

We were upgraded last year from our assigned adjoining cabins on the Riviera deck to balcony cabins on the Veranda deck. The cabins were no longer adjoining but we didn't care, we had balconies! We did have to approve the upgrade though since we had not booked GTY.

We were upgraded last year from our assigned adjoining cabins on the Riviera deck to balcony cabins on the Veranda deck. The cabins were no longer adjoining but we didn't care, we had balconies! We did have to approve the upgrade though since we had not booked GTY.

That's what I thought! This is a similuar question in another thread. Some were saying that even if you had assigned cabins, that they could upgrade you and put you in a different cabin. And I was always told by my TA that once you book a assigned cabin if they want to upgrade you that they would have to ask permission. Thanks!

Carnival is supposed to get your approval for an upgrade when you have booked a specific cabin. There are some people here who have gotten upgraded w/o giving their OK to Carnival. I am guessing that in at least some of those cases, they booked thru a TA and the TA gave the OK w/o checking with the client. There are still a few that say they have gotten an upgrade but Carnival never contacted them. I think this is pretty rare but it can happen.

As long as they get my permission, that is fine with me. I booked a year out because there was a specific area on the ship I wanted to be and since I already have a balcony I don't want to be moved unless it is to a suite..:D

I have booked with a PVP and have already turned down upgrades to be higher on the ship but I like being lower....just a mind thing but it works for me with motion sickness.

However, that being said, I have a assigned inside cabin booked on Elation and if they want to move me to a oceanview...then that is OK....lol as long we it is low and mid ship....:D

Kim

Remember that cruise critic members represent less then 1% of fellow travelers so your numbers may be a tad off.

I not only came back, but I booked two more cruises!! You people are baddddddddd for my savings account ;)

You're a cruiser and still HAVE a saving account??????? ROFL!

In my house it is called a "cruise account"!!! I book a cruise and then start adding money to it weekly so by final payment it is all paid including excursions.

I called and had a "do not upgrade" order put on my reservation, as I have a aft balcony for Panama and I even switched sailings in order to get it. Within 2 weeks of booking I had recieved 9 calls wanting my room, they even offered me an upgrade but not on the aft.

Yes, December on the Liberty, but it was a guarantee, not an assigned cabing, and was never "locked in" but on the web and the back of the sign and sail, we were showing an upgrade to the Panorama deck, morning of cruise we were sent to the pursers desk to get keys because they had moved us back down to the upper deck - at first I was pissed, but it was a gty so I had no reason to complain, in the end we really loved our room, I plan on trying to book that room again!

However, that being said, I have a assigned inside cabin booked on Elation and if they want to move me to a oceanview...then that is OK....lol as long we it is low and mid ship....:D

Kim

if being midship is important make sure your agent marks NO UPGRADES.

putting you in the market for an upgrade== you can be upgraded to a higher deck===anywhere. We cant state " ill take an upgrade as long as its in a certain location- I tried--lol

This is our 3rd cruise. The first one we let Carnival pick our cabin and we were on the bottom deck next to the anchor. Very loud in the wee hours. Our next one we picked the cabin and chose a balcony. This time we just have a guaranteed oceanview. I saw several threads about finding out your cabin number through the gift method. I had no idea what that was so, I called Carnival and they told me what my cabin number was. I asked if that could possibly change between now and the pier and the Carnival rep told me that once it was assigned that it would not be changed. We have a two deck upgrade. That's why I was curious since I heard just the opposite from everyone.

I really don't care about the cabin location. So far they have all looked the same. A balcony would be great again, but I'm just happy to be on the cruise.

Anyone on the Elation 9/3???;)

I have this on a different thread. I just got an upgrade to a suite from a balcony. I had an assigned cabin. I found through the gift way. My TA didnt even know. No one asked for my permission. But it was great for us. A suite on the empress deck how bad can that be.

My upgrade experience is with RC in April. Four months before the cruise we picked an assigned cabin, inside, mid-ship. Two weeks before we left the TA called saying she'd gotten an email notifying her (and in turn us of course) that we'd been moved to an oceanview (mid-ship) and giving her the category and cabin number. No permission was requested.

I guess every cruise line operates differently but I have a feeling they can - and do - put you wherever they want.

Archived