Snorkeling

Astromaid

I have some friends who are taking their first cruise. They will be stopping in Ocho Rios and Cayman. They are interested in snorkeling and have asked a recommendation from me. I have never snorkeled in Ocho Rios, but I have in Cayman and was very disappointed two years ago. We booked a stingray and snorkel tour through Nativeway, the first stop was to snorkel over a very small piece of coral that had fish around it, maybe about 20 feet down. I was very disappointed, have had much better snorkeling at many other sites. The stingrays were awesome, so we were pleased with the tour. Now I don't know if where we stopped was the normal location, as our boat was having problems. One of the engines was only partial working, so we stopped for awhile while they worked on it. They may have just stopped somewhere along the way before Stingray City. When we left Stingray City, the other engine quit working altogether. They spent quite a bit of time talking on the phone and working on the engines. Finally, we headed back, working only with the original engine that would only go at half power. Luckily, I had allowed plenty of time to get back on the ship from the tour. I do not think we were on the normal boat Nativeway uses, I think it was a charter they booked, the other boat left just before we boarded this second boat.

Anyways, I wanted to check with others who have done snorkeling before and ask to compare to what they have seen on Cayman. Would you consider the snorkeling decent or better elsewhere? They really don't want to snorkel in Ocho Rios, because there are other tours they want to take.

Thanks for any advise.

Julie

Search for Captain Marvin's in this thread and in the Grand Cayman port thread. You'll find plenty of information about this company from me and other CC'ers. I would suggest this company. We had a great time and saw some great things snorkeling.

You should find all your information for this company by searching. If you have any questions that aren't answered, let me know.

http://www.captainmarvins.com

Archived