Summit - WHich Cabin

Jarronwood

Ok Guys

We are very nearly ready to confirm our booking on Summit 17 Feb next year. Just waiting to get the go ahead from my husband's work to have this particular time off.

Now because I have left it too left to book a CC aft cabin there are only a few CCs left so the TA has recommend the middle deck mid ships cabin no. 8066. Having had a look at the deck plans I was wondering whether one of the cabins at the very back of the ship again middle deck (I have steered away from the "top" deck because of possible noise from the deck above being public, and the TA says that the top cabins' balconies are shaded, hence choosing middle deck).

I know there are a few cabins at the very back of the ship and guess this is because this part of the ship is not popular but again looking at the deck plans these cabins seem to go straight down whereas the mid ship cabins you would see the lifeboats.

SO my question is this apart from the secret to getting an elusive aft is what would you choose. Top deck or middle, and mid ship or towards the aft?

An aft cabin on Vista deck is truly the best, as you acknowledge. Happily, we have one for the Summit sailing from Vancouver this Saturday.

Regarding other balcony cabins, I wouldn't get too caught up splitting hairs on this. They're all good.

For example, see: http://www.pbase.com/paulmj/image/47065238

Look at this in "original size", and scroll left & right to pan. This was taken in Olden, Norway last summer on the Constellation (sistership). The tenders were just below, but no big deal really. The views were stupendous.

Also see: http://www.pbase.com/paulmj/image/47065231 taken from our balcony in Geirangerfjord.

Archived