??? for Bare Escentuals users

Deltala

I bought a Kabuki brush at the end of February and have noticed that it has begun to shed a great deal. Can anyone tell me what the normal life expectancy is for this brush? Granted, it gets a heavy duty workout. I wash it with baby shampoo every other week, anything else I should do to take care of it? I really like the great coverage I get with this brush, just thought it would last longer. Any suggestions for a different brand of brush that performs as well for a lower cost? I love using the Bare Minerals, will never go back to using liquid foundation. Thanks for any help.

Deltala

Have been a BE girl for years, and also have used the kabuki for well over a year with no sheeding. Miss Leslie is marvelous about her product, and this brush should not be shedding at this point, so I would call the 800 number, ask for customer service and see what they'll do for you. Debbi

I used "bare minerals" for a while had the same problem with my brush.... I no longer use the products, they tended to settle to much in lines on my face ( I am not Old or wrinkled ) but I did not like the appearance of my face. I also have very fair skin so it was hard to match a foundation.. The brushes do not last very long, although I did like the mineral vale very much.

Hi there I am by no means an expert on BE (thanks for the complement anyway Linda). Sissy is the one. Now she has been away in California for a while but will be back soon and no doubt she will comment when she gets a chance. As for me, I have had no problems with the BE brushes. If yours is shedding badly I think that you should call the boutique where you bought it and see if they will exchange it. Even if you ordered it from QVC they should be able to do something for you. Good luck!

Hi Deltala - I just recently got my kabuki brush, but I have others that are a year or two old. I have a little shedding, but not a ridiculous amount.

My first thought is that perhaps you're washing it too often. BE makes a brush cleaner that you might want to try if you like cleaning your brushes alot. It's called "quick change" or something like that.

My second thought is that when you wash it, don't dry it standing upright. Either lay it on its side or find a way to hold it bristles down. Maybe you're getting too much water in your handle.

Thanks so much for the help. I have not had a repeat of the bad shedding incident since I posted the question. I'm thinking that maybe my skin was still moist from my pre-makeup routine, and that grabbed at the bristles. This was the first brush I purchased at a boutique, the salesgirl recommended washing it weekly. I admit to being lax about washing my set of brushes, so I was trying to make an effort to take care of it. I do lay it on the side to dry.

Izsu, thanks so much for the link to BEAddicts. That is an awesome site...it has a wealth of information. I have ordered the Bobbi Brown Kabuki since it was raved about on that board.

Archived