Tips on traveling light where oh where??

Sea and Me

I saw the post and asked a question but can't find the post. Sooo if anyone out there rolls your clothes:) my question is do you roll everything?? Slacks, dresses etc. I would love to have the "tips". Thanks in advance.;)

We tried that once, got nothing but wrinkles on everything. Found the best and quickest way was to hang up everything that could be hung, put the items in plastic drycleaner bags or clothes bags, fold three times and place in the luggage. Easy to unpack, easy to re-pack and almost no wrinkles at all. Plus I can fit a lot more in a limited space in the suitcase.

Carol, here is the thread you were wanting to find.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=381716

Hint: If you have posted to a thread, it is very easy to find again. You can use the search page (you can search by your username) or if you have a post of yours that you can find you can click on your username and it brings up a "menu" where you can select to find all posts by that user. Very handy!

I just fold everything neatly and unpack as soon as the luggage arrives. As for packing light. HA! I can travel for three weeks on business with a roll-a-board and a laptop. Say, "cruise" to me and I'm packing four suitcases!

Thanks so much. I think I have hubby renting a tux (he did this in the past) so that would eliminate the "garment bag". The suggestions about the dry cleaning bags are great. I use tissue paper and hang up all clothes as soon as the luggage is in the cabin. I'm down to 3-4 pair of shoes that was very hard for me:) I was so concerned about the 50 lb. weight limit on the plane that last cruise I unpacked and packed so many times I didn't know what I was taking. This will be a 12 dayer so I'm trying my hardest to "mix and match" in fact buying new outfits that do the job. ;) Oh well I have to have some excuse.:D Thanks again for your replies they really helped. Happy cruising.

Archived