Hey Schplinky...parasailing info

I browsed through your cruise photos from St. Martaan and I saw parasailing photos...did you set that up through Royal Caribbean or did you hire someone locally...what did you pay if you don't mind me asking...we are going on our first cruise in Oct. and we want to parasail on St. Martaan.....:o

We did not organise through the line as we heard that the rides were short, owing to the large crowd going at the same time, and to the price.

We took a taxi to Orient Beach ($6 each way) and the parasailing was $45 if you did it in tandem or $50 if you went alone, I believe. We've parasailed with that company twice now, once for each cruise there. When you arrive at the beach, turn right and they are near Kon Tiki. They are very kind and responded well to our attempts to greet them in French (Orient Beach technically being in France). They let my partner ride the boat for free while I parasailed and my ride was about 10 minutes or so. Our friend, who went after me, went up and they must have kept him up for 20 minutes. He was the last ride they had booked and they were using him to try and drum up business. He had a blast.

Schplinky,

Do you know the name of the company you used? Can you just walk up or do you have to pre-book? If you pre-book and there is bad weather, can you get a refund?

Thanks!

We didn't pre-book. You just walked up and they sold you a "ticket" and then came and got you when it was your turn. The first year, they told me it would be in about an hour and the second year, it was sooner. They come and get you and take you in a dinghy to their motor boat. You ride along as a couple of people go up and then you go up yourself.

The company I used had a yellow parasail with a face on it and they were swell. I'd do it again tomorrow. I don't think there would be any need to arrange ahead and I'm not sure you even could with these guys. They also gave us a good recommendation for a place for lunch on the beach, an outdoor place being run by a transplanted couple from New Jersey. I felt like I was going home to "Mom's" except this lady could cook (with all apologies to my mother).

We just returned from the Explorer last Sunday. My sons went parasailing off of Orient Beach, and reported it to be wonderful. They said they were up for about 15 minutes, and paid $45.00 riding tandem. It was a picture perfect day, on a picture perfect beach for all of us. Took the taxi privately, parasailing privately and will do the exact same next year when we return.

Archived