Handicap Parking

dougnliz

I was not aware that the parking at Port Everglades was free. We cruised out of that port a couple of years ago, and are planning another cruise in January 2007. I have a transport chair and walker. What exactly do we do? Does hubby drop luggage and me off first, then park car? Or what.

Thanks for your reply.

We've cruised out of Port Everglades 3 times in the last 4 years and never got free parking even though we do have a handicap placard. Sure would like to know details....parking can be costly for long cruises. And terrylou, parking is nearby and easy to deal with. In December we are sailing out of Miami for the first time so can you give me specifics on what and where we get the free parking? Thanks a bunch.

jdh: I don't really have any specifics as I just found out about the free parking. I'm going to check with Guest Access Services at Carnival and see what they say. Seems to me we would need a note from the doctor. Will post when I have reply.

I just called the guest access services and they gave me the number of the parking garage. They informed me that free parking was only for vans which had a lift. Everyone else had to pay the $12,00 per day. I would check with your individual cruise lines and see what they say.

Archived