HC room on explorer

Jamie22772

Does anyone have pics of a HC interior room on the explorer. I booked one for my mom for Oct. It is one with a sleeper sofa as there is 3 people booked in the room. I am wondering how much space there will be. She will have an electric chair but I told her to bring the fold up push chair for Bermuda. I think that is a good idea as it would be easier to get onto public transportation with a fold up chair.

Jamie

I was on the Explorer of the Seas in 2004 in an inside accessible cabin (#9557) with my wife and adult son. My son used the sofa bed, which the cabin steward made up for him each night. There was plenty of room for the three of us, my power wheelchair, lift, shower chair and a manual wheelchair once we had the glass coffee table and a chair removed from the cabin. The bathroom was large with a roll-in shower and a small fold down shower seat. You should have no problems with an inside accessible cabin on the Explorer even with three adults. Depending upon your mother's ability to safely use a small shower seat without arm rests/supports, you may wish to consider bringing/renting one. I have one, which I purchased from the US, which comes apart, is easy to assemble, weighs 25 lbs. and fits into a 20"X20"X7" over-the-shoulder bag. It's on wheels and can be used for both the toilet and the shower.

If she cannot use the fold down because she needs arms on both side then borrow an armchair from deck 10 (water proof one). It will fit in the shower area. I was in that cabin too in 2003. My pics burned up in a house fire just after we returned :( .

Archived