weather in halifax

we are going to halifax in the first week of August from New York. will it be cold, warm. I am trying to pack and buy some umbrellas. our kids will be with us and I was wondering if there is anything that the kids will also enjoy. thanks

sm76 - There are a number of harbor cruises that the kids might like - the Harbour Hopper is an amphibious boat (bus?) that tours around the city and then into the harbor, and Theodore Tugboat is an hour-long harbor tour aimed at kids. I've seen some whale watching tours offered. There are a couple of museum ships you can tour along the waterfront, and my kids really liked the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic; it has a Titanic exhibit, a section on the 1917 Halifax Explosion, and other exhibits - shipwrecks, sailing boats, etc. My kids are loking forward to going back to Halifax in 5 weeks.

As for weather - when we were in Halifax two year ago on July 1, it was very warm - shorts and a short-sleeve shirt were in order. The day before, when we were in Saint John, it was very cool - we needed sweatshirts. I'd be prepared for anything.

Archived