Switserland II Elderhostel 5/1/07 Ams to Budapest

lizzielady

My sister and I, Vesta and Carolyn, are booked for this 15 day itinerary. Can't get much action on the Elderhostel board. All of the shore excursions are included, but are there "must dos" that we should include for some of the free time ports? What hotels did you stay in in Amsterdam?

Carolyn

My husband and I stayed at the Renaissance--about a ten minute walk to the raill station. Westayed there in 2004. The romm was immaculate and spacious. We never had breakfast there--just brought in some sweet roles and ate in the room. You cannot leave Amesterdam without seeing the Anne Frank house, Van Gogh museum or the Rijksmuseum. The floating flower mart is also very interesting--look for the marijuana lollipops. We had a good laugh at that. The Anne Frank house usually isn't crowded at about 5pm. It is an awesome experience.

Budapest--another city that is easy to get around. The Central Market, the Synagogue--built by an Italian. It has a pulpit. The pedestrian street right up from the pier is wonderful for strolling. The cathedral is magnificent. We were there for 2 full days--just not enough time. If you read some of the Prague-Budapest threads you'll learn more. Pat

• 2 months later...

I've been unable to log on to CC for months, but I finally stumbled onto some security constraints on my computer.

Thank you for your suggestions. We are going 4 days early so we will be able to do a lot of the ideas you gave us.

Anyone else going on this or a similar itinerary next spring or summer?

Archived