Shore excursions for Calica - any recommendations for tour operators?

Oboedot

We are going to be in Calica in January on Carnival's Fascination - and we were wondering which tour operators are recommended by previous cruisers. We'd like to know any alternatives to the tours offered by Carnival - good operators and ones to avoid!! Thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We booked the private snorkeling boat for 12 people & had an absolute blast. We actually booked 2 boats because we had such a large party. Everyone from age 12 to 47 just loved this excursion, we were flying through the water & they took us to a beautiful private beach were the sand was so soft & the water a beautiful clear blue. Everyone wanted to stay on that secluded beach & hang out all day. But we went to another beautiful site to snorkel after flying through the water. Then we stopped at a beach front restaurant to have lunch & drinks. They also took us for a walk in the jungle to see a cenote, make sure if you book this excursion you take swim shoes just for this part of the tour, it is rocky walking through the jungle. This cruise was a celebration for my son graduating college & he wanted to do something exciting. It met & exceeded everyones expectactions it excitement, beauty, fun & relaxtion. I would do this all over again, I booked through

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/SnorkelingPlayaDelCarmen.htm

and had online help with Katie several times. They adjusted times for us due to dinner & the ship running behind. The captain & his mates could not have been friendlier & they spoke clear english the captain being from Austraila & Jason from England. Ended up costing $60 a person + $10 round trip shuttle service which they arranged for us. They even kept us out longer then the 4 hour suggested time.

I LOVE THE BEACHES IN CALICA/PLAYA DEL CARMEN!!! WE MISS IT TRRIBLE

:cool:

My son and I did the Carnival Calica Snorkel. It was a bus ride to a beautiful lagoon. However, when it was time to snorkel, about 100 people got in to about a 40x40 ft area to snorkel. People were kicking us in the face with their flippers. It was a very painful experience that neither my 15 year old son or I enjoyed. The fish were ok...the guide fed the fish, so they came up right around you. Basically all the same kind. As for the lagoon, photo shots were gorgeous, snorkeling was horrible. The food was good, but we were led to believe the food was included and they were scamming us all into getting food, then the check came. I was very dissappointed with this cruiseline excursion. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Archived