Captain Circle Member????

bonniemari

I got a letter/brochure from Princess today and it was addressed to my husband & I using our full names. We have never cruised with Princess before but are Platinum Members on Carnival and also members of the Carnival Vacation Club.

It is pretty funny that I received this today because over the weekend our friends told us that they were going to book a cruise on the Diamond Princess for the Mexican Riviera March 10, 2007 and we had decided to book the cruise and go with them.

Just kind of wondering what Captain Circle Member is especially since we have never cruised on Princess before. We always book a suite when we cruise and I am just wondering do cruise lines give/sell info to each other. Or does Carnival owns Princess? Just not sure how they got our name/address and how we became Captain circle Member when we never have even sailed on Princess.

The best thing about the brochure I received is I will get $200.00 on board credit when I book the Mexican Riviera cruise.

One other question-any one recommend a nice upscale hotel near the port at Los Angelos?

Carnival does own Princess - that is how they have your name. Take the OBC and run! Apparantly those offers are rare once you have sailed with Princess. If your friends recommend you to Princess, both couples may be eligible for OBC. I doubt they will give it to you since they are already offering you the other OBC, but its worth a try. It could get your friends something extra though.

Before your friends book, they ought to try to negotiate the same deal that you were offered. I was offered that deal a few months ago, and I am not platinum. Its worth a try.

I got a letter/brochure from Princess today and it was addressed to my husband & I using our full names. We have never cruised with Princess before but are Platinum Members on Carnival and also members of the Carnival Vacation Club.

It is pretty funny that I received this today because over the weekend our friends told us that they were going to book a cruise on the Diamond Princess for the Mexican Riviera March 10, 2007 and we had decided to book the cruise and go with them.

Just kind of wondering what Captain Circle Member is especially since we have never cruised on Princess before. We always book a suite when we cruise and I am just wondering do cruise lines give/sell info to each other. Or does Carnival owns Princess? Just not sure how they got our name/address and how we became Captain circle Member when we never have even sailed on Princess.

The best thing about the brochure I received is I will get $200.00 on board credit when I book the Mexican Riviera cruise.

One other question-any one recommend a nice upscale hotel near the port at Los Angelos?

Stay at the Hyatt or the Hilton in Long Beach. It is only 5 miles from the Port and about a $10 cab ride. :)

Archived