Onboard booking-Is there an advantage?

DM

Thanks for the info! This is another difference between Carnival and Royal Caribbean. On the last RC cruise we were on, there was a special desk for booking future cruises and they offered onboard credits (for the future cruise) as an incentive. The desk was manned only during certain times and I remember there always being a line whenever I passed by during the open times.

Debbie

Thanks for the info! This is another difference between Carnival and Royal Caribbean. On the last RC cruise we were on, there was a special desk for booking future cruises and they offered onboard credits (for the future cruise) as an incentive. The desk was manned only during certain times and I remember there always being a line whenever I passed by during the open times.

Debbie

...oh, no, ANOTHER difference... There are lots of differences between RCI and CCL, it sounds like you are on a mission to find all of the things CCL does not do that RCI does - you will find many - I hope you don't let it distract you from being on a cruise...

According to my TA if you book while on board they give you onboard credits and the TA can still get the booking credit...

So I would trust what the TA tells me over what another person on this thread says......

call your TA and ask them!

john

Mr Dood;

No, I'm really not looking for differences between the two cruise lines. I guess I have read several threads recently trying to outline the differences between the two and that just stuck in my head. In my opinion, the two lines are very similiar and after having sailed on both, I sometimes confuse who did what. Like most people on this board, I have not met a cruise I didn't like!

John;

I usually book directly through the cruise line so I don't have a TA. I guess I will just wait and ask on the ship to see if there are any benefits to booking while on my next cruise. An onboard credit would just be an added bonus!

Archived