cruise to nowhere

cruise'n

A cruise to nowhere is the same as a cruise going somewhere.

You carry on and off all your luggage as there will be no porters available.

It depends on the sailing to what time you cna board. Sometimes a ship dont come in til later in the day. Find out where it was before it comes to a cruise to nowhere.

I am sailing the Legend out of New York. I should be able to board this ship about noon. (being in line around 11 or so)

Dining assignments are like on a longer cruise. you pick early or late. People who just went on a CTN said the dining room was almost empty as people opted out for the buffet. You can get room service.

There will be two shows...one each night. They still do the deck games etc. etc

My legend cruise will be using sign and sail cards. My CTN on the Regal Empress was cash all weekend.

What cTN are you looking at?

Cruisin:

You really shouldnt have your first cruise on the Carnival as a Cruise to Nowhere. I hope you dont dont base NO CARNIVAL on a CTN> They are different as its all pushed into 2 days at sea. ( I know it contradicts everything I have stated. )

I took my best friend on a cruise to nowhere and ruined her for life to cruising--she hated it. I- on the other hand look at it as trying a new ship for a lot less then I would if I went on longer ones.

We will be on the Legend CTN from NY on 10/22. We will get there at about 10:30. Since we have a Cat 11 Suite we should not have much line of a line, if any to get on via Skippers Club. We took the Cat 11 since it was only $150 pp more than an inside and $100 pp less than the price on the Carnival Web Site. It was cheaper than 2 nites at Caesars Land of Love ;) in the Poconos. We are going with another couple and both of us are celebrating anniversaries (Us 23 years our friends 24 Years) Therefore, we are also going to try have dinner in the Supper Club both nights.

With a Cruise to Nowhere, expect a heavier than usual slant towards drinking and partying. A lot people look at them as extended "booze cruises" and they are perfect for bachelor/bachelorette parties since they usually fall on weekends. I think this is one of the reasons why Carnival still has the reputation as a party line - too many people use cruises to nowhere to "try out" Carnival and get freaked out by the amount of drinking and partying going on. If you go in knowing what to expect, you will be fine! Just don't judge all of Carnival by a Cruise to Nowhere - it is not an accurate reflection of the cruise line at all, IMO!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!

We will keep an open mind about the partying. I just wanted to see what the ships were like--decoration, activities, food...... if we do not want to party too much, will there be places to go to that are not too "festive"? Will there be shows? What is the dress code for dinner? When should we arrive at the ship?

Thanks, Karen_cpa, for the heads up.

Thanks in advance, everyone for any experiences you can share and help you can give.

My experience has always been that there were people who got drunk on the cruise regarless of the duration. As long as they do not bother me, I don't bother them. My only concern is that they might fall off the ship. It doesn't happen often, but it does occasionally.

There will be a formal night on the second night. There will be two shows. One different one each night. From what people stated on the Victory cruises to Nowhere the dining room was next to empty because people just went to the buffet.

I see the triump is slated for 2 cruises to Nowhere next June, 2005. June 16 and June 14th

Choc Decadence. Cant describe it but if you are a choc junkie --- (sigh) now im hungry.

Also- call room service and get their brownies and cookie assortment. Take baggies so you can have them for your trip home. (remember to tip 1 for when they delivered.

Get at least one slice of pizza. try a hot dog or burger. hey we are cruising--get one of each. dont forget an ice cream

Archived